Used 2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Love My Car
By Debra

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car back in 2012 and it only had 11k miles on it. I am still driving it today. I have only had one major issue and the car was still under warranty. Had to do with the sensor going out-a problem that I believe happened with other Malibus but they did not do a recall. Dealer took very good care of me and my car. This is my second Malibu. Like this one much better. Lots of interior room and great deal of trunk space. I don't do a ton of hard driving so the car is still serving me well as it only has 58k now. Still running good-replaced the tires and keep it regularly maintained. I got this model before they put the USB ports and bluetooth feature in. Had to connect bluetooth thru the OnStar but when I upgraded my phone I could no longer sync it to the bluetooth and with a smartphone, no need to purchase OnStar. I can connect my phone or iPod using the auxillary port but I don't do often. Having driven many of the newer model cars and SUVs I am ready for some of the newest features - rear view camera, touchscreen, bluetooth capability; blind spot sensors just to name a few. I am not overly fond of the new style Malibu but I don't hate it. Will likely keep this car and lease a new car as it is all paid for. I traded a 2008 Dodge Avenger for this car and the Malibu was definitely an improvement in the ride and outside noise. The Dodge always sounded as if something was about to fall off with all of the rattling and cabin noise even though nothing was wrong and it was properly maintained.

Very good value, solid daily driver
By John Tittler

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Solid vehicle, no major repairs in 7 years of ownership, mileage isn’t a plus, but excellent overall value otherwise.

Great car!
By Shamrae

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The car is great and is very roomy for a sedan. It doesn't get great gas mileage when traveling in the city, but it is comfortable. I wish the A/C vents had a switch to turn them off. A big complaint is that in order to replace the headlights, you need to take it to a dealership or car repair shop, because the whole front bumper needs to be taken off to access the headlights. Other than the dumb design of that, I really love the car!

Great value for the money!
By Tommy

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Be sure to look around any buy the one you want, some Malibus from this generation have different features than others like remote start, sun roof, color options, etc. Be sure to shop around and buy what you want! This car is awesome on long highway trips! Very comfortable and great gas mileage!

Great car
By Jonathan P.

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great car to save money on gas and use for long trips.