Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Awesome Car
By Scott

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 8 months and love everything about it. The styling and quality are great and it's perfect for a family of four. I also had the unfortunate experience of having another driver run a red light and hit my front end going about 30 mph. The Malibu performed quite admirably in the accident, definitely living up to the 5-star rating it received in crash tests. Thankfully, I walked away unharmed and my Chevy dealer was able to fix the car completely within a couple weeks. So far, I haven't noticed anything different about the car since the accident, which was four months ago. The performance of this car, before, during and after the accident has been great !

Styling, both interior and exterior, safety, very solid vehicle.

Larger cup holders....and more of them, would be nice !

Not as good as I thought
By Lynn

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is not for people who drive in the country. The paint allows common driving on grid roads to take the paint off down to the steel, chips the windows and lights. The open hubcaps allow mud to get next to the wheel and causes a shimmy in the steering wheel. The trunk is alot smaller then my 2005 Malibu, the ride is good but the tires do not have traction.

Better paint, different wheel design and larger trunk.

Buy American
By ken

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this Malibu after owning a 2004 version. The car is well built it has not made any visits to the dealer. I average about 29 mpg overall. The 6 speed auto is a must. A great car from GM

6 speed transmission, gas mileage, reliability.

Brake rotors still could be improved. starting to wear at 20k.

Best car ever
By gramps99

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in January 2009. I was attracted by the exterior styling, the two tone interior and the fuel economy. I like the quiet ride and overall feel of the car. With 9,500 miles on the car there are absolutely no problems. Fuel economy is better than the EPA rated. I live in a rural area & my city driving has very few stops. I keep an Excel spreadsheet for fuel economy and the calculated economy is even better than the readings on the dash. The lifetime fuel economy so far is 30.4 mpg overall. The 2.4 engine is quiet and reasonable for acceleration (not a hot rod).

Quiet, lots of standard features, nice sound system, great gas mileage, love both exterior and interior styling, reliable.

Drivers door opening is a little tight for getting in and out.

Too Much Good Stuff
By krs3087

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love my new malibu! Last '09 on the lot...Handles well, plenty of get up and go, and I love the exterior design. I look forward to every drive I take.

The handling, front end design, illuminating lights on shifter and door handles, and remote start.

standard alloy wheels