Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Malibu Maxx for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

To the MAXX

Cilia, 09/07/2006
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutly love this car. It is a great car for the family without taking out style. It has good gas mileage, and I can always rely on it. It's a pleasant suprise. It's a plesure to drive and to look at. It can seat four to five people. It also much better than any SUV!

Best car

aguzman, 11/21/2006
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive my Maxx 120 miles a day and I enjoy it very much. It handles great, is comfortable, and I get 29 miles to a gallon. Has style and my coworkers really like it. Some of them have gotten themselves one also. A great unit. Wished more people would try it. They would love it like I do.

Great car

JP53202, 05/16/2007
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First off, the auto press nit-picking about the steering, gruff engine and interior simply are not true. The electric steering is just fine, it adjusts to vehicle speed and there is all the feedback of a hydraulic unit. I notice no difference and I have driven a lot of cars in my life. As for the engine, it's just as quiet and smooth as the V6 in my mom's Lexus RX300. The interior, well, on the LT it's cloth, not leather, but it's just as swank as my work mate's Accord LX - it's workaday, no doubt, but for a mid-line interior it's got what the others do. This car also handles and brakes very well, too. Don't let the press fool you - this car is every bit the equal of it's Japanese competition.

Great Car!

nydogboy, 10/11/2012
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

97,000 miles later I've realized this is best car ever. The V-6 is quick, yet I get 31mpg at 74mph. A trip from NY to New Orleans and back netted 29.2 mpg and I admit to hitting 90mph a couple of times. Replaced front and rear brakes at 85k. Absolutely no problems. I live in Syracuse where 40% of the cars are rusted. My 6 year old Maxx has no rust. Get one! I will definitely get 200,000 miles from this car.

Perfect fit

bobby g, 12/31/2006
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased and surpised about the handling and comfortable fit of the seats and placements of all of the controls. Felt like I had this car for years, even though my previous car was a large rear wheel drive, the Malibu took no time getting used to it.

Very good car in a dull package.

paul_jacob, 03/19/2012
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car out of necessity for a reliable, practical, and efficient car. It fits this build very well. The Maxx draws only a few looks from it's exterior, but to some, it is a rather good looking car (remember, we're not shopping for a coupe here). The interior is a bit bland, although everything is easy to use and functional. Interior quality will rival most competitors and is a big step up from the previous generation. Front seats are very comfortable although a bit flat, and rear leg room will beat much larger cars. I'm getting 30 mpg with about 80/20 highway/city. Driver feedback is minimal and leaves a lot to be desired. The 5 speed transmission is very good.

Problems already

Mike 123, 10/16/2008
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used from a dealership, with 32k miles on it. I also own a 2005 Malibu sedan. I immediately noticed a clunking sound coming from the steering column when turning the wheel at low speeds. This is a sound I also noticed in my 2005 Malibu. I took it back to the dealer and they had to lubricate the intermediate shaft in the steering column. The shades to the sunroof also broke, so they ordered new ones for me as well. The car is comfortable, rides well and has good acceleration with the 3.5 liter V6. I don't understand how some people here are getting 29 mpg however, because I am getting about 18 mpg in mostly city driving. Disappointing mileage.

Perfect blend of practicality and value

hoss, 01/16/2008
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this dark red 'program car' as an ex-rental with ~10,000 miles on it in December '07. A certified used LT 2007 for $16,000. Great savings off of new and I don't particularly like the looks of the 2008. I love it so much more than the other cars I test drove (new foreign sub- compacts). Quality is on par and you get so much more for your money. Styling is great; mpg decent for V6 power; comfort; utilitarian design; safety features.

Great Car

Phil H, 06/24/2010
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it with 17,000 miles on it and have put another 60k on it. Great performer, 28-30 mpg in rural area, yet very peppy. Very versatile layout. Don't like rear skylights with curtains as the curtains sag since won't roll up tight. I also don't like the seats which are like a Saab with no lumbar support. Have only had to replace the outside mirror switch, but the fit and finish is only average.

But a better car.

buzzcut73, 09/19/2012
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Maxx since early 2008. I have had many problems with this car. The front end shakes violently when braking (I tried new pads, discs, tires, resurfacing, inspections...etc...) The Maxx has electrical issues with wipers, fuel caps, temp sensors, map sensors, security system, etc... I would recommend considering a different car. I am surprised this car received the accolades that it did, there seems to be no reason to own it.

51050