Used 2013 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Underated
By Anthony

2013 Chevrolet Impala LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought used with about 25,000miles. Big car, preferably for big persons. Steering wheel doesnt telescope which sucks. Acceleration is not very good but this is not a performance car. What this car is, is a highway car with great acceleration in top end speed. The six speed trans is designed for max fuel mpg and gives me about 25 highway. Thats with 300hp n driving from 70 to 80mph freeway. Highway handling is great. In stop n go traffic the first n second gears are sluggish. You can accelerate fairly fast but you got to step on it. Even then its slow off the line. But, overall, with about 75,000 miles i have replaced very little. Brake pads, wheel hub, blend door for the heater( which was fairly exlensive to fix and is a common problem on these models), heater thermo cntrl valve, and fuel backflow thingamajig. I am fairly mechanically inclined and did almost all of these repairs. Minus the heater cntrl valve. I didnt know what i was doing or looking for under the dash. Youtube has videos on this repair and it was simple to do. I didnt know this at the time and spent almost 800 on a dealer repair. Ouch!! I would estimate that over the 5 years i have owned this car it has cost me about 1000 in repairs. I would consider this low. No repairs ever kept me stranded and the car still runs great and is still powerful. Considering the fact that these cars are really cheap and cheap to fix combined with the great fuel mileage w/300 horses i would say these cars are under rated. Styling and public preference may have something to do with that. But if your looking for a reliable car, thats easy and cheap to fix and is fairly powerful AND has good power i think its a good choice.

No longer own the Best used car on the market
By scott barr

2013 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Reliable, quality, performance, sharp .....Handle this car with care, this car is beyond expectations.

easy oil change for shade tree mechanics
By tim foster

2013 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought car used, it was a rental from enterprise in florida, the battery had too be replaced after 3 years. tells me a top of the line battery was not used when car was new.

2013 Impala LTZ made a frugal man happy.
By Steve

2013 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well, I'm on the cusp of my 31st birthday and I have decided to finance my first vehicle. I love cars. I played racing games growing up, I watch Top Gear, I'm in the loop. Speed, Power, and Style are all highly appealing to me. But, with that said, I live in the city. I commute to work everyday. I hope to travel. And, I'm not rich. I needed a car that fit my profile and the deal needed to be right. The Impala was the perfect selection. I don't give a care about it's dime a dozen style, or it's plastic interior, it's a great car. These new V-6's crank out power with zero effort. I absolutely love when it comes time to pass or merge, it just tickles me pink. Luckily, I won't be cruising any mountain ranges any time soon like your latest Acura commercial, so I don't need sports care steering. Honestly, the steering isn't great. The steering wheel is tight and it doesn't attack corners, but it doesn't matter. I don't need that when I pull into Walgreens. The cabin has all the space you need, and plenty of road presence. Everything everybody likes about the cars in these reviews are true. In short, I just wanted to drop in and advise not to split hairs over professional reviews. They are after innovation, design, and refinement. The Impala lacks primarily in innovation. However, this will save you thousands. When I was looking at a $13,000 Impala that's fully loaded at 55k miles and it's right next to a Honda Accord with the same mileage but at $17,000, the decision was clear to me. It's all about the driver.

Great Car
By Phil

2013 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great car. There are so many good things about it. It has a great engine (3.6 LFX) that is durable, yet fuel efficient. It has 300 horsepower and you can definitely feel it when you step on the gas, but at the same time, it can give you great fuel economy on the highway. This past weekend, I took the car on three hour highway trip and got 148.4 miles out of a quarter tank of gas. That's pretty great.

The transmission was a joint build by General Motors and Ford. Most of the time, the transmission shifts very smoothly and you can't even feel it if your not paying attention to the shifting. Every once in a while though, the transmission will feel like your driving a car with a manual transmission and clutch.

People complain about the suspension in this car and while its not the best handling car in its class and you can get a little bit of body roll, the car handles pretty well and is a very smooth ride.

There is brake fade at higher speeds so be careful of that. I plan on upgrading the brake pads and rotors when its time to do so, but four wheel disc brakes is nice. This car does stop very well. The tires are Ultra High Performance Goodyear tires from the factory and their okay. I'm definitely switching to a better brand of tire (Michelin) when the time comes. If you drive in a cold environment, be careful of accelerating with the Goodyear tires on it. The car will burnout a little bit (another reason to get better quality tires).

The seats are nice and comfortable, but the rear seats offer the most comfort. There is also a lot of leg space of all of the passengers other than the person who sits in the middle in the second row seating. There are two lights for the rear passengers as well which is nice for them while there are lights in the rear view mirror for the front passengers. The two front seats are power, but only the driver seat has lumbar support which is manual. I understand that GM would want to save the power lumbar support for Buick and Cadillac, but the front passenger seat should have lumbar support as well. The heat seats work wonderfully and people who sit in the front love it. The driver heated seat warms up faster than the passenger seat which is normal according to the owner's manual. The driver seat heats up very quickly and is very nice.

The gauge cluster, messages on the gauge cluster, radio, and HVAC controls are easy to read and use. It's also nice that the driver and passenger have dual climate control.

The auto dimming mirror, heated outside mirrors, and rear window defroster work great and quickly.

The Bose sound system is wonderful! It has 8 speakers and an amplifier.

The leather seats, leather wrapped steering wheel, leather wrapped transmission shifter, and leather arm rest are holding up well.

Its a very solid car and I think that people should really take a look at this car. I had a couple of minor issues with the car, but I had the dealership take care of them. Other than that, its a solid car.