Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

I loved my 8 year old!!
By Jean

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my Impala for an Acura. I was in a position to go a little luxe, so I did, but I almost cried over my Impala. It was so reliable and dependable! I loved driving it. It seemed very comfortable to me. I put 139,000 miles on it. I know I could have gotten 200,000 miles out of it easily, but I was ready for like I said, a little more luxury and more technology. Also, the Impala's front wheel drive worked for most situations, but now that I live on a private road that has some hills, I wanted an all wheel or four wheel drive. So, I hope this Acura will be just as good or better than my beloved Impala.

Impala is ok
By Joeo

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In general the car was very good until about115000 miles. It took 3 different shops including the dealer to figure out that internal fuel pump was causing me to lose power at a moments notice. So far the car runs well but The Chevy product in the past was more reliable .

Hope all the LTZ's weren't built this badly!
By Terry Smith

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I had one that had to be built on a Monday; horrible amount of repairs made to it.

235,000 miles still going strong
By Jay

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot 35,000 miles a year, bought car with 10,000 miles, has been trouble free with minor repairs, and good maintenance checks. If you need a cruiser, with lots of comfortable driving, and easy on the wallet, this car is for you. I've been impressed with how easy this car drives on highway, really just sort of drives itself. Certainly not a sports car, buy I don't like to fight my car on long drives. I have over 235,000 miles on my car, guessing I'll end up around 300,000 in a couple of years. Still looks great, drives exactly the same, and expect more minor repairs and maintenance. I had transmission fluid changed once for maintenance, need another soon, that is it for now. Brakes are good, but car really lets loose going down hill, so they can wear on really steep mountain roads. Overall, great, I'm looking to get another, maybe a 2013, last year of this model.

NO thankyou
By MJ

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from the dealer not even 2 years ago, long story short it is already dead because I cannot afford to replace the engine. I got this car with 130,000 miles on it and had to replace the transmission within a few months, even though from day one of having it I realized something was wrong. (side note people didn't believe me because I'm a female) Aside from the transmission I have had brakes replaced, the battery, water pump, radiator, steering rack, belts, the thermostat. This car has been such a money pit for me and I would never recommend it to anyone, not even my worst enemy. I have kept up on regular car maintenance and yet my car is still dead. ( I've gotten transmission flushes, oil changes, etc) There was also a recall on airbags for my car but I never received a letter to bring it in to be fixed. In short, I'm pretty sure I will never buy a Chevy -used or new- because having this car was such a bad experience. Tomorrow I'm looking into buying a used Mercury or Ford and from those reviews, that already seems like a better choice even with them buying older than my 2010 Chevy.