Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 727 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Very Good Purchase
By Luv'n It

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The next generation SUV. We love the leather, heated seats. The radio controls are easy to use on the wheel and on the stereo. Love the bass. The power/torque this vehicle has is fabulous. I have the same engine in my Venture, but this is geared so much better. Electronic steering and transmission are amazing. Cruise is so much better than on the traditional mechanical transmission. 17" wheels make this SUV look so much better than the standard 16". All of my friends love it also.

XM, OnStar, electric steering ,and transmission. 17" wheels, 7 speakers includes a sub-woofer.

The back doors look like they will have a tendency to leak in the future. Better gas mileage. Programming phone numbers into OnStar via the web. 3 cup holders in the rear. Restrict poping the moon roof open when the slide cover is closed. Windshield radio antenna.

Not Impressed
By Craig

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Engine is peppy but very noisy. AWD is noisy when cornering. Windshield design traps lots of debris in the wiper area and creates big blind spots on both sides. Snow and ice accumulate in the wiper area and is very hard to remove in the morning if parked outside. Integral unadjustable headrests are tilted too far forward for a 6' person making it necessary to recline the seat way back to remove your chin from your chest. Rattles from dashboard, gearshift and front suspension area. Terrible drivers view to the rear and sides. -Backing up is a real chore. Cloth upholstery stains far too easily and doesn't clean up well. Parking brake can't be used if console cupholders are open.

It's my wife's.

Driver's view and seating position. Front windshield design. Engine noise. Drivetrain noise. Interior upholstery. Fix rattles.

My Equinox
By Darlene

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had this SUV for 7 mos and alredy I have fixed/replaced 3 things on this truck. They are: the sensor that controls the dash indicators, the radio, and the bowtie on the tailgate. However, this is a good truck.

Sliding bench seat in rear, portable table and truck cover

Make the crossbars on the roof standard and not optional. Make color matching bumpers standard and fog lamps optional.

I Love my Equinox!
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven a pick-up truck for 30 yrs. While working on the paperwork for my new 05 truck I saw the Equinox on the showroom floor. It looked good so I decided to check it out. I took it for a test drive and loved it. I bought it instead. I love it and haven't got one complaint!

Power, design, versitility.

I really can't think of how I would improve it.

Something different
By Debra

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Its a great little SUV. Drives good, handles good, very strong motor, good mileage.

Interior lay-out, easy controls, and power

Put seat controls on dash or center counsel.