Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews

$932 - $2,156

Used Cavalier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

its a chevrolet

bink7, 05/06/2003

I LOVE THIS CAR, HAVE NOT HAD ONE PROBLEM WITH IT IN THE LAST 2 AND 1/2 YEARS OF OWNERSHIP. RIDES GREAT LOOKS SHARP AND IT PERFORMS WELL IN ALL AREAS AS LONG AS COMMON SENSE IS USED WHEN DRIVING. MY ONLY BEEF (MINOR) IS THAT I THOUGHT THE GAS MILAGE WOULD BE A LITTLE BETTER, GETS ABOUT 28 TO 30 MILES PER GALLON. MY WIFE HAS A 2000 SATURN AND SHE LOVES IT, BUT TO ME THIS CAVALIER IS A MUCH MORE SOLIDLY BUILT AUTOMOBILE.

best economy car

Adrian, 01/12/2003

I have been extremely satisfied with the car, the editor's review here is very unfair. Best exterior design by far among everything out there, powerful engine, ABS and other options are standard (compare with Civic or others in this class), and last but not least good price (compare again with competition such as Honda) Crash results are listed here as poor, but i've had a serious accident and it behaved very well - both airbags went off, the front of the car was smashed, but i was just fine, with no injuries.

Great for the money

ryan, 03/31/2008

It's a car. I only put about 3000 miles on a year but reliability is great. Extremely uncomfortable seats, dasboard cracks, stereo system ok, car is black and only after 7 years the paint is in horrible condition, but is expected for color. Reliability is great and most parts if needed are extremely cheap for someone who can install themselves. Never had any major problems with anything else

"The Car Of My Dreams"

Matthew0126, 03/28/2002

A very very good car for the $money$.

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

Michael Collins, 03/30/2002

I bought this car brand new. It has been driven halfway across the country twice and drove wonderfully. I did not have any problems with the car until I hit about 41000 miles. It was being driven down the road and just stopped going without any warning. It turns out the transmission was completely burned up. The only thing General Motors would do for me is cover the labor costs. I had to buy a new transmission and pay all the towing costs. Overall the car was great until this event, but this has lowered my feelings concerning the products that GM and Chevrolet are building for the consumer.