Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews

$932 - $2,156

Used Cavalier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

American Cars are Meant for the Road

NewDadAgain, 05/17/2006

Initially the dealership gave us a lemon. After letters to Corporate HQ the dealership was forced to "de-lemon" this vehicle. After these few months of pure regret we've driven this car all over. From mid-west to parts of the south and regular trips to New England. This is an American car built for the road. This car has about 145,000 miles and counting and runs like a charm!! Drive and American car where it's supposed to be and it'll treat you right!! I've owned Oldsmobile, Chrysler, Chevy, Cadillac.

It's a cheap survivor

Canadian, 04/04/2007

This car was purchased in early 2003 with 76,000 kilometers and has been faithful year after year. The brutally cold winters have failed to prevent cold starts. I have kept all regular maintenance considering the less than stellar ratings tagging this car. I changed the auto transmission fluid at 110000 kilometers on Nov 2005. On Nov 2006, only 20,000 km later, the transmission began to grind, and shortly thereafter, died. This was a major disappointment, as the vehicle was always driven in a manner to prolong it's service life. Thankfully, I was able to find a used transmission with 69000 kilometers for a cheap (albeit unwelcome) $350.00 CAD.

It just wouldn't die

Rick, 05/20/2007

I bought this car in January of 2000. It was my first brand new car. It was cheap, had a CD player, and was a stick...good enough for me. Despite the "sporty" look that I never really made friends with. 7.5 years, 135,000 miles and one minor fender bender later, the car had so few problems that I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to die. It wasn't until about 5 years after I bought the car that I read about how much of a death trap it was, though, so I lucked out by not getting an any serious accidents. People sitting in the backseat are basically unprotected in case of a bad crash, but since it's so cramped back there who would want to sit there anyway?

My Z24

pat s, 09/18/2007

I bought my Z24 and I must say, it is so much faster and more fun than it looks. My brother drives a 2002 Impala and my Z24 is much faster and more enjoyable to drive. I am also impressed with how easily this car can be modified into a real racer. I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Love It!

Mitchell, 09/11/2007

I am 17 and this is my first car. I bought it with 93,000 miles. It is fun to drive, and gets great gas mileage. The only problems that I am having are, the sunroof switch has a short and will only open all the way if its been in the sun. It has great acceleration, and response. I also need to fix the struts in the front, but it's not the car's fault.