Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews

$932 - $2,156

Used Cavalier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Glad I Got Rid Of It!!!!

eri-bear, 06/22/2004

I totally loved this car when I bought it new 4 years ago, soon after I began having more and more problems: the CD player broke, the dash creaked(had it replaced 2x, the last time it cracked in half), battery leaked acid all over engine(most of the repairs not covered under warranty), air conditioner makes terrible sounds when idling(dealer mech. said this car was cheap and bottom of line), horrible sounds coming from tires(dealer mech. couldn't hear it???), had to be towed to the dealership twice because it wouldn't start, the accessory fuse shorted after the first use(had the short fixed but it happened again), had fuel pump replaced...only has 22K miles.

cavalier

jamie24, 07/26/2004

The only problem I have ever had with my car is the driver side window (power window) stopped working.

Good Car

Daniel, 12/29/2004

I had this car for four and a half years without any major problems with the engine or transmission. The dash did crack though and the car had three recalls for minor things. Overall I was satisfied with it. The reason why I got rid of it is because I found out about its poor crash rating. According to many reports this is the most unsafe car on the road especially regarding side impact.

Whits review

Whitney, 11/23/2005

This car has given me a fair amount of trouble. I have had to replace the motor and timing chain. The brakes are going out and the paint on the spoiler is starting to fade and chip away.It has not been very reliable for me.

Good First Car for HS or College Student

Chevyowner4, 05/03/2006

I bought this car used in Oct. 2002. I loved it at first, but it had no features in it at all. I liked the "look" of the car. The first year was great! Then, the problems began, one by one. First, it was the fuel injection...Totally broken and it cost $900 to fix. Then, it was my A/C. Then, my dashboard creaked then cracked. There is a chirp coming from the driver side wheel. All 4 corners if the interior squeak when I drive, especially near the trunk. Now, for the worst part: The brakes are the worst brakes ever. I had the rotars fixed 4 times, each time was $200. I had all the parts of the brakes fixed, to no avail. I assume this model has chronic brake issues. Never buying American again!