Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews

$932 - $2,156

Used Cavalier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Perpetual Rent-a-Car

julmak, 08/27/2003

This car will get you from point A to point B, but there is nothing special occupy you while you’re in transit. Only one problem - the catalytic converter went bad. The front driver- side tire "chirps" as I drive, but no one has been able to fix it. Cavalier has been consistently listed as the worst passenger/family sedan in terms of safety by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rating s/ce/html/summary_midinexp.htm# http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rating s/ce/html/photo_comp_midinexp.htm According to CR, if you were T-boned in a Caviler on the driver's side, you're almost certain to have a permanent or fatal injury.

Trouble from the Start

loca, 04/28/2005

I got my Cavalier in Aug of 2000 and from the beginning it had a chirp sound coming from the driver side wheel..The dealership didnt know how to fix it. Everything else was fine with the car until 2003 when the transmission fluid and oil kept leaking. I would get it fixed and then 4 months later I am in the same situation. Right now it needs a new transmission and a new catalytic converter and leaked out both fluids. I'm in the process of replacing it now. I would not suggest that anyone ever get this car. I know I will never buy another GM vehicle again.

2000 cavalier z24

jlo411, 11/10/2003

ok for first car

Good inexpensive car

linban, 06/15/2005

I bought this car for a cheap economical commuter car. My uncle has owned 5 Chevy Cavaliers and recommended I buy this used one. His last one had 160,000 miles with no major mechanical issues and was still going strong. I have had no problems with mine. It had 73,000 miles on it when I bought it. I pushed it past 90 mph to see how it would handle, and it ran smooth. Granted there is alot of road noise and you feel like you are sitting close to the ground. But for a cheap little car, it is great.

Problems Overheating

Stuart , 10/10/2005

My daughter bought this car with 90,000 miles on it. This past Febuary 05 we replaced the thermostat, in the last few months it has started overheating again,Oct 9,2005 I replaced the radiator and thermostat again. It is still overheating. Next item I am going to check is the caytalitic converter.The fan is OK. We don't know what else to do to get it to stop overheating. As a result it has been parked for the last 4-6 months. Next we are going to check the head gasket. I would appreciate any help or advice. The car has about 115,000 miles on it.This overheating problem is a real aggravation since we cannot pin point the cause of it.