Used 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Great car for the hardcore speedster in you
By zoilus

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have now had my 02 Z28 for 6 yrs. It has 92k miles. The LS1 is great! it can withstand alot of abused. These cars with bolt ons can easily get into the 400hp+ range. but add cam, heads and a real proper tune and you can get 450 to 490rwhp range ..all day long, that translates to 500-550bhp WITHOUT the need for nitros, turbo or supercharger.
These cars were underrated so vette owners didn't have a cow.
LS1's make around 290-310rwhp which is the same as stock Vettes. For people on this board who say the V6 makes V8 power....aaahhhh no... it doesn't. Please get into the V8 FIRST then tell me if your V6 is like a V8. Theres like a 150hp and 150tq difference!

this this car is not perfect, but for very little money and a few K in investments, you can have not only a real fast car, BUT it doesn't have to be a little ricey high schooler little cute 4 banger. This is a manly car, that means business and is classic and tough. If you have a choice of V6 and V8, don't even think about the V6. I am a firm believer that this cars shouldn't had even been available as a six. I love it and don't even get the auto and go straight for that extra strong 6 speed!

Fast, fast, fast
By mudshark78s

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this car 2 yrs ago for $12,000 with 57,000 miles on it just hit 70,000 ,our summer ride, 35th anniversary package with z rated tires,ungoverned 150 top speed,seen 135, wife gets nervous, added slp intake and diablo tune, looking to put on headers.Would recommend this to anyone that loves that raw power feel, Not one problem with this car.

ls1 engine,

Bad bowtie!
By ChevyDemon

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my 02 3.8 liter camaro for 4 years now. I drive it hard. It is a great looking car and amazing to drive. After a long or bad day just take the T tops off and stomp on the gas and a smile will always come! I plan on keeping this car until it rots!!

T-tops, horse power, looks from people as you drive by! The sound of the exhaust!

Better sound system and a better rear end!

Great car
By Jacob

2002 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 3.8 liter V6 Camaro just a few weeks ago and I'm truly impressed. My last car was a 1995 Camaro V6 and I dove it from 207,000 miles to 239,500 miles. After I sold it, I knew I had to have another Camaro and the 2002 is even better than my '95. This 2002 only has 95,000 miles and it performs like a muscle car - a V8 muscle car. The styling is wonderful inside and out and the engine is very sound. I can tell this car was a good buy and I'm going to be driving it for years to come.

What I like are the ground effects, the chrome rims (they're so nice looking that no one believes they are stock), and the T-Tops.

The sound system.

2002 Camaro Z28
By Jeff

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

It's not the absolute best looking Camaro, but it's fast, comfortable and gets great mileage in the city and on the highway. The LS1 is an absolute torque-beast!

LS1 is amazingly powerful, great fuel economy for a V8, and comfortable.

The headlights aren't the greatest but the rest of the car looks fine.