Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Fun Car
By Newton Farmer

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a fun car to drive. It would be great if it had a little more horsepower. However, the 4 cyl. turbo has enough kick to be fun, and the sport transmission setting stiffens the handling enough to give the car a 'Corvettish' feel and like you are driving more than a family sedan. The gas mileage in town is average probably because I like to "goose it" for the thrill of the turbo kicking in. However, the trip mileage is phenomenal at easily 30+ mpg. The back seat room is a tad small and the car sits really low. However, I knew this going in and like the low slung look with the stock, wider than average tires. The only real gripe I have about the car are the dash gages. They are set back fairly deep in their chrome housings and maybe the lenses are not angled as well as they should be. These issues result in either too much glare or shadows too dark to read speedometer and everything else on bright, sunny days. I keep dash driver data screen set on MPH during the day so I can tell how fast I driving. The glare/shadow issues are really that bad.

Decide for yourself after you test drive this car.....
By prod3

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I read reviews when I purchase a car. But I also take the time to drive the cars I am interested in so I can judge for myself. Please take the time to check out a Buick Regal if you are shopping, especially the certified used ones that are available. I just spent two months shopping certified used Accords, Passats, Maximas, and even Mercedes C-Series. My car is a MB E500 and I'm a Mercedes fan. But my wife wanted a classy, sporty, good mpg, non-Mercedes car to replace her VW Passat. I thought for sure she would go for the Passat or one of the others. Then we drove a few Regals. Two weeks after driving the first Regal we bought one. Best car I think I've ever owned! Go drive one.

When we parked the Regal next to the Passat, Maxima, Accord, and the C-Series Mercedes, I liked the looks of the Mercedes the best. However, the Buick had a very unique look of its own and my wife actually liked it better. Now that it's in my driveway, I can honestly say it is super sharp looking. That and the well-appointed leather interior make this car a must drive and just a great buy. You get so much for your money compared to the others mentioned. I'm guessing the Regal is not as popular because everyone thinks it's their grandpas car, (like my wife did.) She didn't want to look at a Buick. This is why I'm encouraging you to at least go drive it and judge for yourself.

I could suggest improvements for all of the cars I have ever owned. The Regal is just a great car for the money. However, another factor in reviewing cars is the dealer you buy from. I hear complains here about dealers. I researched and found the Certified Used Regal I wanted, then went to buy it. It is a large New car dealer in our area, but the salesman we caught was terribly unprofessional. I got past that, I wasn't buying him, I was buying my Regal. I don't have to go back there, the Regal is Certified so we can get it serviced at any GM dealer we want! Get past the emotions of the deal, focus on the car, and you will hopefully not miss out on owning the car you really want.

Noise
By budsgrandma

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Has anyone experienced the noise coming from the air conditioner of the Buick Regal? I have taken it to the dealership several times, but of course, they can't hear it. I asked them to check the air conditioning unit, because when I turn the a/c off, the noise stops. Apparently if it doesn't show up in the computer, they won't do anything. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this. By the way, I love my Regal, but the noise bugs me.

In addition to the above, make the interior more sound proof.

Love, Love, and Love
By roserita1

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love love love my Buick! Just purchased a 2011 CLX, the color I was not thrilled about because it was triple black but once inside WOW! I'm in my 60's but sassy and this is me all the way. Back in 1972 I had a tan Regal it was sporty as well and then it went to the parent look.. I tell you when I get in this car it makes me feel wonderful, its not to small but not big either, I looked at the Lacross it was much to large for me my children are all grown and on their own so I told the dealer it fit me and my purse just fine. If you have not driven it you own it to yourself to take a test drive you will be sold, another thrilled Buick owner.

Mirrors are shaped weird so you need to get use to that.

Gets better With Age.
By nydogboy

2011 Buick Regal Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The ladies love the sporty look, but, if you are more than 5'8" you'll be challenged to enter this car.
It's quieter than my 2006 Malibu Maxx, which I kinda miss, but the transmission is very busy and you can hear every move it makes.
It's hard to keep the RPMs under 2200 because it keeps shifting around town.
It is a pleasure to drive on the highway.
I was hoping the 6-speed, 4 cylinder Regal would get better mileage than my v-6, 210 hp Malibu Maxx...wrong. It's about the same.
I like the car and hope to have it for 5 or more years, which I typically do.
03/22/2016: I love this Buick and have no intentions of trading it. It's a comfortable, steady, reliable and familiar vehicle. Front disc brakes new at 51,000 miles, otherwise just simple oil changes. The 4 cylinder is still peppy and hard to keep under 75-80.
A great car all around and it looks great too!