Used 2001 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

Great Body, Terrible Maintenance
By Victoria

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So, I bought this car back in July and from the moment I drove it off the lot, I've had nothing but issues with it. The body of my car had 127,000 miles on it and the engine only had 55,000. Everything and anything went wrong. Any sensor you could think of, tire valves, coil packs, a wheel bearing that literally fell apart in my hand when I replaced it; recently had to replace the entire exhaust, catalytic converter, and more sensors. Radiator cracked and leaked into my engine causing it to cease. Started a small oil leak underneath the car a couple days ago and that's all it took for my car to officially trash itself. Whole front went up in smoke, engine overheated and cracked even thought I got an oil change. I always kept up with regular maintence and took good care of my car. Bought it for only $3,600 and put almost as much into it as I paid for it. Reliable in some aspects; just make sure you thoroughly look over this car before you buy it from anyone.

Decent Car
By bburden

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a Buick Regal Ls for the past year almost. Since we have had the car, we have had to replace the driver side & passanger side window regulator. Not so bad, but then our throttle decided to mess up. We still have yet to fix it & I would love to have my car back. Anyone know what that could be? Won't go over 35mph right now because of the problem.

Worth the Money
By laura04

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It maybe an older car but sure has everything i need and shocking it is great in the snow.
Ive had no issues with except the chairs are kinda uncomfortable.
So taking long trips ends up hurting my back in driver or passenger seat but could just be my car.

Great Car
By Brad Rich

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Regal LS has plenty of power combined with 30 mpg economy. The big trunk is endless with the fold-down back seats. I used it to haul lumber, but don't tell my wife.

Dash lights need resistor repair. Spark plugs are difficult to access.

Good car
By john

2001 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had to replace passenger window regulator. did it myself for 100 dollars,was easy to do. car has 50,000 miles and runs very good. The seats are very nice and the car rides very good. The four wheel disc brakes stop the car very well, and In the rain the traction control works well, and so did the brakes when i had to make a quick wet stop. Overall i am impressed with this car.

The sound system is nice and the ride is very good. the seats fold down and that was very handy the other day.

The power windows should be more reliable. General motors should recall the window regulators. this car dose have some recalls, make sure you are sure you have them done.