Used 2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Dependable Buick
By Paul Burton

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car, a Buick LaCrosse CXL, was bought new from the Buick dealer. It has been used extensively for long trips of a thousand miles or more between Los Angeles, Idaho, and Washington. It has presented no serious repair costs. We maintain it well with required oil changes, proper tire pressure, recommended sceduled maintenance. The air dam at the base of the windshield finally succumbed to the intense sun in Los Angeles and was just replaced in 2017. Nothing else except oil, oil filters, air filters, and brakes has been replaced, and the original factory brakes lasted well past 52000 miles. Replacing the brakes stopped some shuddering of the front end during hard breaking. The shuddering did not interfere with the car stopping very well. Overall this has been a great car to own. My wife and I are both 78 and have owned many cars. This Buick is clearly one of the best.

Love this car
By Corrine

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Service the transmission this car will go forever. One person I ran into drove this car to 600 thousand service trans every 75 k

too many annoying quirks
By guest21

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

cloth interior holds lint impossible to vacuum.
Rotors warped after 10,000 miles ( now buy expensive brakes and rotors, to fix.
problems with the transmission clunking into drive. took to get fixed, they said it didn't exist. Still clunks into drive after being in reverse
passenger locks quit working after 50,000 miles.
gas mileage was great at first, now get no more than 20mpg on highway 16mpg town
Supposed to come equipped with a radio that tells the name of the song. Nope. My 2006 Nissan van does that.
The tire pressure gauge kept going off and the interior light on the gear shifter went out 10,000 miles.
door seal leaks sometimes.

Great Color Smooth ride Quiet sun roof large trunk powerful

Worst Investment I've ever made!!!!!
By StickWithFORD

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has caused me nothing but problems. The day after driving it off the lot my "service tires" light came on. When I had it checked out at the dealersship I was told the pressure sensor was cracked. The dealership refused to pay for the repairs claiming it was my fault. The tires wear too easily due to the faulty rear struts. The car rattles horribly like its going to fall apart, the doors are 2 low, always hitting my head getting in. Now the car whines like a dying cat & I have gone from replacing fluid monthly to daily. The keyless entry hasnt worked since the 3rd month of me having the car. I see im not the only 1 with these issues. Entire car should be recalled. Back to Ford for me

Radio

Recall all 2008 Buick Lacrosse Models. They do not care about what the customers are experiencing with this car. These issues start out small but can become serious quickly. Does someone have to die before Buick takes action????? Truly Sad

Good but could be better
By g. edmonds

2008 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Buick, but not my favorite. My '02 Buick Regal was more comfortable to drive. The front windshield is set at an odd angle. I lose my peripheral vision in certain instances (possibly due to sleek design - I checked the 2010 and it does not have this problem) and the self-darkening interior rear view mirror is not dark enough for cars that have high beams &/or maladjusted running lights. Otherwise it handles well and has good pick-up. Car has only 19,000 miles and so far, no major problems. Interior front passenger carpet keeps coming away from frame. I've had it in for repairs 5 times.

Dual climate control, electronic seat adjustment, trunk access on front door lock button, remote start, great radio, comfort seating for long drives, heated seats.

Better mileage, longer front seat arm rest, flip-down back seat trunk access, better ability to control darkness level on interior rear view mirror