Skip to main content

Used LaCrosse for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
2.88 out of 5 stars

too many annoying quirks

guest21, 06/20/2013
2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

cloth interior holds lint impossible to vacuum. Rotors warped after 10,000 miles ( now buy expensive brakes and rotors, to fix. problems with the transmission clunking into drive. took to get fixed, they said it didn't exist. Still clunks into drive after being in reverse passenger locks quit working after 50,000 miles. gas mileage was great at first, now get no more than 20mpg on highway 16mpg town Supposed to come equipped with a radio that tells the name of the song. Nope. My 2006 Nissan van does that. The tire pressure gauge kept going off and the interior light on the gear shifter went out 10,000 miles. door seal leaks sometimes.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Best car for the dollar

CB in Ohio, 09/22/2008
2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot, 5600 in the past month and a half. The gas mileage is great for the size of car, avg. city/hwy now 26.4. Straight highway-no air on, I got 29.9 over several hundred miles through hilly terrain. I love the ride

Dependable Buick

Paul Burton, 02/02/2018
updated 02/16/2021
2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car, a Buick LaCrosse CXL, was bought new from the Buick dealer. It has been used extensively for long trips of a thousand miles or more between Los Angeles, Idaho, and Washington. It has presented no serious repair costs. We maintain it well with required oil changes, proper tire pressure, recommended scheduled maintenance. The air dam at the base of the windshield finally succumbed to the intense sun in Los Angeles and was just replaced in 2017. The factory battery lasted over 9 years. The original factory brakes lasted well past 52000 miles. Replacing the brakes stopped some shuddering of the front end during hard breaking. The shuddering did not interfere with the car stopping. The brakes, factory originals and replacements, work very well. Overall this has been a great car to own. My wife and I are both 79 and we have owned many cars. This Buick is clearly one of the best.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Good but could be better

g. edmonds, 07/14/2010
2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Buick, but not my favorite. My '02 Buick Regal was more comfortable to drive. The front windshield is set at an odd angle. I lose my peripheral vision in certain instances (possibly due to sleek design - I checked the 2010 and it does not have this problem) and the self-darkening interior rear view mirror is not dark enough for cars that have high beams &/or maladjusted running lights. Otherwise it handles well and has good pick-up. Car has only 19,000 miles and so far, no major problems. Interior front passenger carpet keeps coming away from frame. I've had it in for repairs 5 times.

3.38 out of 5 stars

buick lacrosse

dianne , 07/29/2009
2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Buick, love the new design, my son said it doesn't look like a old person car like the ones in the pass. The car had 20,000 miles when I got it. Has a vibration problem had tires balance no help, call dealership they said new tires, don't thing that the problem, my old century and lasabre rides better than this and they had 185,000 miles. The driver seat is unsuportive has some give.

12345...7