2021 BMW X5 M50i Consumer Reviews

Select your model:

BMW sold us a leamon

The Billy Family, 03/15/2021
M50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

We purchased a BMW X5 M50i on December 24, 2020 and to is March 15, 2021 and this car has been is the dealer for more than 4 times for electronic issues. BMW is not cooperating with us and kept on asking for more time to fix that lemon. They refused to give us our money back. We now have to get an attorney to get BMW to listen to us. This is really POOR customer service!!!!

Too many repairs

Stanley, 03/26/2021
M50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased this BMW new in 12/2020; it's 3/2021 and I've already had three repairs. One is a common known defect - the window regulator. My passenger side front window regulator failed the first week I had the car. BMW finally switched out one from my (new) loaner because there was a months long wait for a factory part. Then about a month later, I got a tire pressure monitor failure warning. Took the car in to be repaired. Two days ago, got the warning again (Different wheel? No idea.). I have fewer than 2,500 miles on this car, and three repairs already. Wish I had stuck with my original choice of Mercedes GLE.

Close to perfect

Arm Chair Car Guy, 07/17/2021
M50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Have had a 550, 3hybrid, 650, 2019 X5 and now 2021 X5. My current x5 is my favorite of them all. Just a really well balanced driving car. The engine and drive train are great. Perfect amount of power and just unbelievably seamless transmission. The Infotainment system needs only minor practice, the hot keys are great, and the touch screen is super intuitive. Just love everything about the car. Highly adjustable with noticable differences in how the car acts based on settings. Liked the mercedes interior a bit better overall, but this car just beats that GLE 53 AMG by a hair overall to me, I Leased a 2019 x5 and loved it. Ended up buying a 2021 coming out of that lease. Never thought I would buy a car that I had just been in for three years via a lease, but liked this car THAT much. Considered the GLE AMG 53, and it was tempting. But the computer chip "market adjustment" completely ruled it out (they were asking more than sticker for their cars). And still just gave the x5 the slight edge anyway. Its been a great. Would strongly recommend to anyone. Lots of room, perfectly balanced performance, perfect amount of tech. Blew the audi Q7 and Q8 away. only real competitor is the MB.