2016 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

A car by any other name isn't
By Atlcarguy

2016 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

a BMW. This truly is the best car I have ever owned. I have previously had MB, Jag, Audi, Jeep, Acura, etc. I went into this thinking it was going to be an S Class or a Model S. (Both great cars in their own right) However, after driving the S I couldn't shake the feeling that it felt old. Anyone who chose that car got a great one it just wasn't for me, and this is after aspiring to an S my whole life. I drove the Tesla Model S and loved the acceleration and Auto Pilot, but it felt very cramped and the materials are not even close to 5 series quality let alone the 7. I liked the Tesla but feared I would get tired of the tradeoffs. I drove the 7 and new I had to have it. It is extremely fast, very comfortable, and has a decent percent of the autonomous capabilities of the then Model S. After 8,000 miles I can honestly say I still love it. I'm getting about 19 mpg around town and 29-30 when I do long highway hauls. Pretty darned impressive for a dual turbo V8 that will haul A*% when needed.

The best 740i ever
By Ilya Kuntsevich

2016 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I was looking for a new car for quite some time, as my M5 E60 was becoming a classic and I needed more comfort, better gas milage and front massage seats. I test drove Tesla P85D, Mercedes S-class and they didn't impress me - heavy cars with bad corners handling. When I first test drove 740i it really impressed me with lightness and super easy handling of the steering wheel. It is a big car, but driving it feels like it is not - engine, transmission, suspension combination is absolutely flawless. I now have 1000 miles on it and drove it for one month and love it every time I see it and I drive it. Technology and iDrive are top-notch, giving you a feeling of a spaceship, and not quite a car. The only shortcoming includes no full integration with Apple products (no screen mirroring and bad connectivity via bluetooth), which works great with Android products. Another shortcoming is lack of unlimited WiFi for the car from ATT - for some reason all you get is 10GB.

Great Car
By Rlee.mcccullar@gmail.com

2016 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned my 750 for a few weeks and LOVE it! Had been a Porsche guy for a long time, but nothing matches the ride/ engine of the big 7! Wife has a Range Rover....not even close. This is a great luxury ride that offers more room, more exhilarating performance, and better handling than Benz S Class. Not hating them, I have an SL550, but the BMW is un paralleled as a daily driver or on a trip. I had a BMW before and hated iDrive, but love the new system. The air conditioner is excellent, the new interface is more friendly, and visibility in the car is excellent. Give one a try....you will be glad you did!

FIRST BMW OWNER
By Ellsworth Evans

2016 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

great car
By ANDREW MATTHIESEN

2016 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Check lane control, cruise control is great, hands free on opening trunk not great. gas milage is great even a high speeds