Used 2001 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

BMW 740i
By Mike Weber

2001 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Great Car. Mediocre reliability but I don't care.

E38 Flagship model from BMW. Beautiful simpler.
By John

2001 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great comfortable car to own I owned it for 10 years and I have to admit, nothing comes even close on comfort on long stretch of road. Exceptional comfort. I have traveled cross country on this car for many times and seats on these cars are simply best there is.( 16 way extra comfort and roomy cabin its a first class seating like airplane.) One thing people do not realize is that if you are buying this car after 15 year of production, BE READY to spend money to tune this. If you are tight on budget. this is NOT a good car for you. if you want to restore, enjoy riding this like new, this is one beautiful car. much simpler to troubleshoot then newer models with a lot of gadgets. Get the 2001 last year and look for well cared car with detail service history its worth a while.

BMW Flagship Car, a luxury ICON worth owning!
By J. Peters

2001 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This fabulous motorcar is the most comfortable luxury vehicle that I have ever owned. Although it takes -- and deserves -- premium gasoline, my 2001 BMW 740iL is surprisingly gas-efficient! If well-maintained, annual maintenance costs are less than what would be paid for annual lease payments on a Toyota. My BMW dealer recently allowed me to use a 2016 "loaner" while servicing my 2001 740iL but getting back into my 2001 felt like returning to heaven as it remains superior to any 2016 BMW model.

2001 BMW 740iL
By Captain JC

2001 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this car since new. A few repairs...service air conditioning, replace drivers seat trim containing seat controls...plastic-broken. One new set of Michelin tires. The car is a wonderful driver. I own several other BMWs, every time I drive this one, I keep saying to myself, what a great car this is. Very comfortable, good performance, great fuel economy for a car this size, lots of trunk space, enormous back seat and leg room. I look at the new ones, but a little hard to justify $125,000.00 to purchase a 2017 7-Series, to replace what I have in a car that I just love to drive. I also own a new 2016 BMW X5, lots of nice new technology, but the 740 runs just fine without all the pizzazz.

It Is the Best BMW Ever
By RHBMW

2001 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. Buy one if you get the chance. Just lost mine to an accident.