2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Consumer Review: Meets a Lot of Needs

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo - Consumer Review

335i xDrive 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Meets a Lot of Needs
By carolinabmer on

2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo 335i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I had a demanding set of criteria for this car. I'm mid-50's, single, no kids at home. I enjoyed having multiple cars for my different moods and purposes - a 740iL for traveling, a Subaru Forester for bad weather and hauling, and two C6 Corvettes for pure, unadulterated fun.
I also wanted to get better fuel economy than my old vehicles (harder than you might think as my V-8 vehicles all got 26 - 30 MPG Hwy, Subaru rarely >20).
I wanted to get as much of these into one car as possible.
Mission accomplished in the 335i Xdrive Gran Tourissimo.
3/2017: Three years later and this car is as good as it was brand new. It's held up VERY well. I just paid it off so got new car fever. Test drove an Audi 3.0 T<whatever> A7 -- a 333 HP rolling work of art. It drove nicely around town (nice and smooth with some get-up-and-go accelerating from a line. But when I got it on the Interstate... ho-hum. No where near the acceleration, responsiveness and agility of the 335 Xdrive GT. I got back in my paid-off 335 GT and re-enjoyed the nice leather, the Nav and other cool gadgets, and (most of all) the great power and handling. I think I'll keep him!

• Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Bluetooth
  • Navigation
  • Fuel economy
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review