Used 2014 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

Dr. Jeckill & Mr. Hyde
By Mike Kalnitzky

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

This car can be a street racer or a daily commuter and does both well. This was my first Audi with an automatic (7 speed duel clutch) transmission. I do not miss the manual and cannot think of buying another car without the duel clutch transmission. I was sorry to see that the 2018 S4 is back to an 8 speed automatic because of the torque spikes of the new turbocharged 3.0 V6. I have a 2018 Audi Q5 on order. It has the duel clutch transmission.

A great sport sedan.
By Paul Abry

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

I continue to be amazed with this car. It's been driven on track by a pro race driver who was wowed with its ability to hold the road - among other things. I love the acceleration both from a stop and when needed to get by something quickly. With the back seats down there is an amazing amount of space. I've had 8' landscaping timbers plus hundreds of pounds of soil and fertilizer in the car with the trunk closed! Only caution would be that it's not for four adults. Not much space or comfort in the back seat.

Everything you want in a 6M sport sedan
By jeff

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

If you are looking for well engineered sport sedan, super fun to drive, classy not flashy, comfortable, and, most importantly for me, with a 6M, this is your car. Let me just get the transmission issue out of the way right now. I don't know why people would get an automatic in a car like the S4. You're buying a Camry, Impala, or whatever, sure, go with an automatic, who cares, but an Audi with V6 supercharged engine? The whole point of a car like the S4 is to have some fun, but then you get an automatic with it and you're saying, "actually, I want to reduce the fun I have with this car." What? Anyway, whatever, just my bias. Okay, to the car itself -- what a marvelous vehicle. I did a lot of research on cars in this range, test drove a few, and knew this was the one I wanted. It took me nearly a year to find a used one in the right color (grey), black optic package (just for the wheels, don't care about extras), with the 6M, and the right price, but when I found it online, I jumped and bought it used with 12K miles and hope to keep it a long time. Engine and transmission: fantastic, best transmission I've ever driven, engine sounds great, power is there all day long at whatever speed you want. Spectacular. Some people (mainly auto critics) complain about not enough "feedback" from the steering. I don't know any better and the steering feels great to me. This car sticks to the road. I put Conti ExtremeContact DWS on a few months ago. They are not quite as sticky as the summer tires that were on, but the very marginal loss of performance in turns is more than offset by the superb all weather capability. With the Contis and quattro, I am ready for any ice and snow or rain. Interior and exterior are beautiful, not flashy, very sophisticated. That's what I wanted. If you want to show off, get some attention, you may need to look at another car. Tech: these are my only nits. As noted in reviews, the MMI control knob spins in a non-intuitive direction. Why? I have no idea. The MMI interface is good, not great, but good. Love the dash display, all the options. Climate control is my least favorite feature. It works, but it is too complicated, too many buttons. I am still not 100% positive what I am ending up with when I make certain adjustments. I can live with it. The S4 comes with so many other helpful electronic features that I highly recommend you go through the manual page by page to make sure you are aware of them all. (For example, you can set the passenger side mirror to tilt down when you back up. Never would have known that.) You can adjust suspension, engine sound, etc. In sum, this is a wonderful car. There are other possibilities in this price/performance range, but I can't imagine anyone ever regretting the S4. (especially with the 6M transmission!)

One of my best purchases
By Sam K.

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

Was on the fence between the S4 and the 335i, and boy am I glad I got the Audi. I've had the car for 2 years, and this is a short summary of what I've learned. I'll go straight to the point and point out the bad first.

Transmission: can get clunky; when you pop it into Drive, its response is laggy
Handling: my previous Genesis coupe felt more confident-inspiring in the corners
MMI: I prefer the MB Command or the Porsche interface

That's pretty much all the cons that I can think of. The car accelerates as well as any 3.0L S'charged sport sedan will go. Brakes are fantastic with a consistent feel. The seats are not plush, but won't give you any issues. Drove from FL to NY and did not feel too bad. Build quality is top notch. My brother has the F30 328xi and the Audi feels more sturdy.

Read before you buy
By scratchgolfer2

2014 Audi S4 Sedan Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6M)

I bought this car new last year, for the first year I loved the car, every aspect of it with small somewhat irritating problems. Wind blowing throw the windows on the highway right off the lot will drive you insane if you are listening to talk radio.
My S4 came with the Upgraded Summer Tire package with the Continental Conti Contact 3s. These are the Worst tires in the world, the tread pattern wore out "unusually" after 7K miles, seriously...That is a like 2k option, what a waste, if you car has these tires make them change them before you buy.

Interior design is awesome, looks cool, the exterior is not great but I actually like it looking low key and my wife cant tell the difference between this an an A3 or A4 Needs more power, I have a 6 speed but the new double clutch is pretty awesome, doesn't matter if you cant steer the car, this went from being my favorite car to considering getting rid of it, never though that would happen after a year

Put safe nice actual performance tires on a performance car They are not only bad but dangerous, it had the car shooting into oncoming traffic. I thought I was having the "electric steering problems "that ma. I enjoyed the steering in the first 5k miles, but let me tell you, the steering gets worse, so don't judge by a test drive at the dealer, the electric steering sucks. But if you expect tires on a 60K car to last 5k miles and they don't, Audi will take car of you, just kidding they don't care, too bad these car was close to being awesome.