2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sedan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Giulia model:

Beautiful design and fun to drive.
By Richard Lauricella

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sedan Ti 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The exterior design attracts many compliments. The interior is very nice with the Lusso package. The steering and handling are excellent and the power makes this a fun experience. Reliability was a concern when bought but everything has been fine. The biggest negatives are a clunky nav system and the lack of Android Auto Play.

25,000 miles and still in love
By Ross K

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have just hit 25,000 and haven't had one issue with my Giulia. So if anyone's concerned about reliability, my Giulia is proof that Alfa got this car right! Sure, there will always be a few cars that will have issues, and that's true of every brand. But the modern Alfa Romeo is nothing like the Alfas of the 70s and 80s if that's what people are worried about. And, I will second all the positive things everyone else says about this car. Driving the Giulia is a revelation! Best car I've ever owned. If you enjoy driving, then there's no other car at this price that's better. And if you don't enjoy driving, the Giulia will probably change that! It feels like a sports car in every respect, but is as liveable and comfortable as any sedan commuter. it's the best of both worlds, and totally worth it!

Totally connecting driver and road
By C Roussin

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sedan Ti 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car directly connects me to the road through perfectly balanced handling, excellent power, great brakes. The seats and dash are great art and fit the "driver's car" aesthetic. Love the car. Every BMW, Audi, Mercedes that I drove bored me to death.

Like an extension of your mind
By Wayne Grabow

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sedan Ti 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We had been shopping new cars for about six months when we came across a Giulia Lusso equipped just the way we wanted. It was used (4000 miles) but in perfect shape. It is my wife's car, but I got to drive it last weekend for a 300+ mile trip to the Colorado mountains. OMG. Those curving mountain roads are a real test track. We ran at speeds up to 90 mph; up and down mountains; curve after curve; slow then fast. Use the brakes gently; they respond quickly. When you have a chance to pass, you will swiftly overtake. Suspension is very confidence inspiring. The controls are very complete and easy to read. The seats brought us to our destination in comfort. The interior is beautiful. We love the compact size of the car; luggage room for two was ample. This car replaces a BMW 228i which handled well, but this feels much more deluxe. Our other sedan is a Jag XF; my wife calls this her "little Jag". We couldn't be happier at this point.

Absolutely love it
By TXMB

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sedan Ti 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Had my 2017 Ti Sport since December of last year - absolutely love it. I find excuses to take the car out to run errands or just to get behind the wheel and go for a ride. I typically keep it in D mode since I enjoy the aggressiveness of the drive when you push the car. N works well... not sure what the point is of A unless you're on a long drive. As the driver, I appreciate the interior and the way it is set up. It is simple and minimalistic and I appreciate that as I bought the car due to its performance and not because of its infotainment system. Start/stop is annoying so I normally turn it off (I hate it in all cars) and the trunk is somewhat pointless. Family seems comfortable enough but, in reality, I bought the car for me as a driver and as the main driver, I LOVE IT! Have not had any reliability issues.