Used 2005 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

RSX equals great car!
By Ryan

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

One of the most fun cars ive driven. Just about everything is perfect on this car. Suspension holds very well, transmission is great but keeps you shifting unless your on the highway. Interior is perfect although the seats could use some more bolstering for the corners. and the seats can prove unfomfrtable on long trips such as one from LA to San Diego. Acceleration is decent for a sports car. A very great value and a fun car to drive

A great car to drive that comes without a harsh ride. The steering wheel is the perfect length and perfect thickness. Looks great and is a blast to drive.

Acceleration could be some what quicker but for just over 200hp its pretty quick. Seats could use more bolsters for the turns. I drove this car from LA to San Diego. Took about a little over an hour and the slippery seats proved to be uncomfortable. Backseat is useless and pointless

Type S
By Woe-D

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my type S in Feb. The car is just sick. It handles like no other car I have ever driven. The gear ratio is ridiculus. I can shift gears so quick it doesn't make any sense. I recently took it to the mountains and had a blast going around sharp curves at high speeds. Not even feeling like I was even going 15 miles an hour. It is a great car.

Handling, shifting, 6 disc CD changer, bose speakers.

Needs to have more technology. Put in a navigation system to help improve the luxury interior along with power.

Lemons, but no Lemonade
By Unhappy

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got a lemon. So far the dealer hasn't been the least bit helpful with helping me. It's had a new transmission, 3 batteries, a new alternator and now they're telling me I'm having axle problems!! It's a cute car, but it's time to get something that won't break down on me five times in half a year!

By DJHonda84

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My previous car was a Mazda MX-5 Miata. I enjoyed it a lot, however due to the need of more passenger and cargo room, I had to replace it. I wanted something that sacrificed as little of the driving experience I had grown accustomed to as possible. I wanted something with two-doors, 4-seat minimum, light-weight, sport-tuned suspension, decent cargo room and fuel economy. I chose the RSX for many reasons. It satisfied the criteria listed above, I had a good ownership experience of a Honda in the past, and the styling fit me. I chose the type-S trim for the same reason anyone else would chose it: more power and tighter suspension than the base model.

This thing flies! The engine loves to rev all the way to the 8100 RPM redline and sounds great while doing it! Quick, smooth shifting of the six-speed tranny. Seats hold you in position as you whip through tight turns. Good sound system. Low maintenance. Very fun driving experience!

Would like HID headlights and a sound system that could integrate directly with my iPod. I currently connect my iPod to the sound system with a cassette adapter. A limited-slip differential would also be nice.

Adrenaline Rush
By Nauman

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

as far as performance is concerned, its got more then enough for any stupid ticket your trying to get. after 3k revs this car jumps to life like nothing else. stock/ it will hang with v8's. i have just under 8k on mine, no mods except the subs, and no real racing experience. this car managed to pull me out of a deadly situation on the highway at over 120mph. it also destroyed countless red light revvers. has gotten an otherwise ordinary man tons of attention. and has people wondering what my hurry is. if you wanna know what a cheap thrill really is, go out and get one of these bad boys...

it has a very jumpy engine that begs you to go all the way to 8000+. easy to clean interior. great amber glow from dash. just the right balance of features and subtlety. light clutch. 6 gears. no limiter at 120. engine loud enough after 6k rpm, you dont need that loud exhaust to hear your car move.

center console. navigation option. get rid of comptech's monopolizing grip on the green list of aftermarket that doesnt void the warranty. the stock tires are trash, not enough grip and terrible in the rain. needs more sound proofing. downshift can become tragic real quickly. power windows wear out.