2017 Acura MDX Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Acura MDX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Go for it
By Michael

2017 Acura MDX Hybrid Sport Hybrid SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

You get what you pay for. Spend a little more and enjoy.

Acura MDX AWD Hybrid Advanced-Look no further!
By brad nielsen

Acura hit a home run with this car. I have owned Honda’s and Acura’s for 30+ years and this SUV is by far the best and top of the line. It is equipped with everything you will ever want or need.

Averaging 26ish mph. Seats are like butter....nothing more comfortable! Wipers come on automatically. Smooth ride....you feel no bumps.

Best deal out there for well equipped mid-size SUV. You will not be disappointed.

My Third MDX and Best Yet
By Stan Kaslusky

Just traded my 2014 for the new Advance Hybrid. I was seriously looking at two other highly rated luxury SUV's but when the decision came I couldn't pass up another MDX. The Hybrid was a risk I felt I was taking being a new model but so far it is a seamless transition. You wouldn't know its a hybrid other than the fact that the tachometer periodically go's to zero. Very quiet and has nice pick-up when changing lanes and entering highways. Comfortable ride and I love the new exterior design. I was never a fan of the "bagel Cutter". The advance rear seat package is very luxurious and tops all other vehicles in this department. One item that Acura gets poor marks on is their information systems...I don't get the criticism. These systems are all complicated yet once you learn the ropes they work great and are no problem. My wife drives a new Mercedes and its complicated at first too! So far (3000 miles) I haven't seen super gas milage. I'm getting 28 city/hiway. This is about 8 miles more than my previous MDX Advance. The Hybrid does improve pick-up and I can drive around my pretentious University community with a hybrid badge on the side of the car :-) .

Think twice
By Ken

The “drive” is quite nice. smooth albeit a bit firm for a luxury vehicle although mine is deemed a sport model so I guess I should expect to give a little on the comfort. The front seat is really an unfortable piece of work. Limit of adjustment and steering wheel make this a never ending quest for comfort. The firmness factor is unbearable for any drive over 30 minutes. Not suitable for a 6 ft person. The Technology is total mess. While the world is racing to compete with advanced user interfaces like Apple and Android, for some insane reason this cludge of function is reminiscent of a Dos computer. A night time drive was out right dangerous with distraction of radio controls buried in a mess of heater, ac, seat, presets, tuning, and an array of hard buttons and knobs, each with multiple degrees of function. 6 steps required to change map orientation from North to direction of travel. ?? Are you kidding... Fit and finish one glaring miss aligned fuel door jump out at you and the service manager said they’re all like that with no fix in site.. Overhead control panel has me constantly calling Acura link or emergency when simply trying to open the garage. Net.. a nice platform with 1980’s implementation. Way overpriced for this awful level of refinement. The pilot and odessey have both abandoned the two display infotainment system along with the rest of the industry.
Update..basically reaffirm the above but I would add the 2018 finally added CarPlay but the goofy two display has not yet caught up to the Pilot and the depreciation is far beyond disappointing. Much worse than expected.

2017 MDX brought my into 21st Centurt!
By Colleen

I researched car thoroughly test drove several models including comparable vehicles of other companies. Hands down the MDX delivers all I ever wanted & more. The hybrid is really great on gas, acceleration is great into the highway & has great interior design of dash & seating & leg room. Over the top pleased I chose the Hybrid Advanced model.