2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Happy used VW buyer

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Happy used VW buyer
By Scott on

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought the 08 SE on E-bay exactly 1 year ago this week and am thrilled with my purchase. The car was auctioned off after a theft recovery and I was very apprehensive about buying a used car on-line, but have had zero regrets since my purchase. The VW handles great and looks brand new with only 12,400 mi. at purchase. I now have 23K miles and have only had oil change and tire rotations performed by the local dealer. Just wish the SE had full power seats for easier adjustment (not just pwr recline). Consistently getting 21- 24mpg mixed city/hwy and best mileage of 27mpg highway only on trip to Austin,TX without AC on cruising at 65.

Seats are firm,but very comfortable. Seat heater is better than any other car I've owned with very quick heatup. The leatherette cleans easily and to me looks better than real leather. Exterior color is easy to keep looking clean also (Platinum Grey exterior/Antracite interior)

Full power seats as an option on the SE for easier adjustment. A/C could blow colder. Have to run on coldest setting and highest fan speed to cool down.(in hot,humid Houston,TX). Never gets cold enough to turn back down from the coldest setting. I'm still happy with my purchase.