2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Awesome car
By fho2008 on 12/14/08 04:31 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Less than six months and less than 6K on the car but wow. What a fun car. Talk about bang for the buck, I drove a GLI the day before, knew I wasn't getting that, and also drove the 5 cyl. When I go back the next day, all they have, in Jettas, are Wolfs. Wow GLI performance for the SE price! I love the fact that this car costs less than my two year old car did when it was new, and has way more features. This won't be my last VW.

Fantasic Value for the Money
By Sabatical on 12/03/08 13:53 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

There is nothing on the market for $21,000 that compares. I've owned a 1990 and a 1997 Jetta and they keep getting better. I was worried about not getting the turbo but the 2.5 inline 5 with the manual trans has great torque and performs really well. I've only had it for 4 months and no problems at all yet. I got the black with black interior and it looks pretty refined. It is hard to justify buying an Audi A4 when the Jetta is pretty similar for $15K less.

I love my Volkswagen.
By crystal on 11/24/08 22:55 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year now (purchased Dec. 07) and have put almost 17,000 miles on it and I still love it as much as the day I purchased it, maybe even more. When I went in to test drive, I really had no intention of buying it, but after the test drive I was sold. I got an awesome deal on it, bought it for $19,300, which is an amazing deal for all the features that come on this car. My favorite thing about the car is definitely the interior. The car is easy to clean, it's really comfortable. Prior to owning this I had a Honda S2000 and I never would have thought I'd love having a VW as much as I do.

German engineering
By fisrstandlastjetta on 11/23/08 18:16 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Not impressed by German engineering 10,000 miles car leaks oil, gas cap malfunction, interior vibrating. Fun to drive; race car feel with race car type maintenance. This car truly needs an owner who really loves it, sad to say soon to be a pre-loved? vw.

Excellent car for the money
By JK on 11/22/08 10:26 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've had this car for about 6 months after having an Infiniti G35x. Considering this car was almost half the price of a new G, it's shockingly nice. I love the look with the 17" wheels. The stereo is just OK but coming from the G it's hard to compete. The ride is smooth and the engine is outstanding. After 6 months of using 89 octane, I'm averaging 28 MPG in mixed driving which is GREAT. Much more than I expected. I've had tanks where I've had 60% highway driving and gotten 30 MPG on the entire tank. They are selling this car very short with the EPA ratings.

Wolfsburg- A very, very fun Jetta
By VW freak on 11/20/08 21:37 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The Jetta Wolf comes with a 2.0T and has an amazing DSG strapped to it's back. The two amount to a very zippy car that will destroy 80% of the cars on the road. The body is rather bulky, and hardly resembles the Jettas of yesteryear. I gave it a lower rating for reliability because the car spent a total of 14 days in the shop within the first 10,000 miles, but no issues to speak of there after. The interior is beautiful and high quality, but begins to make some squeaks when the temp drops. The standard tires get noisy after 15k. Some of the stitching on the arm rest and steering wheel is coming undone, may have something to do with 6 hours a day in the car. Overall a great car! get one

Better Check your oil
By SAAB 4 Life on 11/16/08 19:38 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I HAD a 2008 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0 turbo DSG yada yada yada this engine burns oil. Just type in VW oil consumption on any search engine and read to your hearts content. Because I change oil at 5000, then checked oil at 9500 and it was down too the add mark. No leaks either, ever wonder why the exhaust tips are so sooty.

Fun! Excellet value!
By akb518 on 11/10/08 00:28 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is a REALLY good deal. Got it for about 21k and some change. To me, this is the best car for the money. It has upscale looks and excellent build quality. It doesn't look cheap like other cars in its class. The 200 hp turbocharged engine is a gem, very smooth and extremely powerful. You can't even feel it idling, very unusual for a 4 cylinder. The 6speed DSG automatic has seamless shifts and perfect downshifts. Perfect steering and smooth handling as well.

Best in class
By Joe on 11/05/08 20:59 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I got the wolfsburg instead of a passat 2.0T wagon 3 months ago. so far we all like it and enjoy each ride very much. Even for a short ride it is fun to speed the car a little with great engine power at all speed. Taking corners is very precise and better than most sedan on the market. steering and handling are very impressive. I use the DGS control mode all the time and it is very quick to shift a gear or two. The Jetta and especially the Wolsfburg is a great driver car and my choice for best car under 25K

2.0T is a great, great package!
By Ben on 10/29/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was actually looking at a Rabbit with the (Canada-only) Sport package, which ended up being more expensive than my Jetta 2.0T. (I would have considered the 2.5, which was considerably cheaper, but they only had it in beige.) My mother drives an 08 Eos with the 2.0T/6-speed manual combination, and that combination was undeniably the most fun I had ever had driving. The 2.0T/6-speed manual is wonderful in the Jetta as well; combined with 17" wheels, black bumper trim, huge trunk. Loving it. Traded in my Mazda3 Sport - which I loved - for this Jetta and have not missed my Mazda for a second. Class-leading power, comfort, interior materials, fun-to-drive quotient.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.