TDI all the way
By Matthew L. on
2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)
My TDI is great because I drive 30,000 miles a year! It did have a transmission defect at 3,000 miles which promted VW to replaced the entire transmission. VW made the best of a bad situation but the dealership was horrible, never goto Congressional! The best thing about the TDI diesel is I use a type of diesel fuel called Bio- Diesel. It's diesel fuel made from vegetable oil, the kind I use is soy based. It's not very well know that this exists because of limited availability but I can switch back to dyno-diesel (regular diesel) if Bio- Diesel is not available. The TDI will run on Bio-Disel with no modifications to the car.
Favorite Features
Many things sold me on the Jetta TDI: the mpg, reliability of diesel engines, interior fit and finish, exterior styling. The best thing about the TDI is being able to use Bio-diesel which is domestically produced, renewable, bio-degratable and cleaner.
Suggested Improvements
The transmission defect needs to be fixed before the car makes it to consumers and my particular dealership needs better customer service!