Used 2012 Volkswagen CC Lux Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CC model:

Head turner!
By scott813

2012 Volkswagen CC Sedan Lux Limited 4dr Sedan w/Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

2 years and 36,000 miles and it is still fun to drive. This car has spunk and handles well. Have had many comments on the look of the vehicle as it was not readily seen on the streets at first but I am starting to see more and more. Went with black on black and have enjoyed the driving experience.

Gas mileage, averaging 25 combined. Back up camera, (a little slow to respond when first starting up the car). Heated seats, excellent sound system and touch screen. 2.0 turbo, very quick. Interior lighting, very sleek. 18" wheels and rims. Overall VW has hit the mark with this vehicle. Many features of a much more expensive luxury car at half the price.

Bigger trunk space, hard to fit golf clubs in. Have had few issues, leak in front windshield, crack in the back spoiler and also a faulty sun roof motor, however the dealership has been wonderful to work with and have always provided a loaner and quickly resolve the issue. I like the 2013 front and rear lights better, as it gives the car an even sleeker look. Would like to swap out but have been advised they won't fit.

Simply Outstanding
By johnnyforensic

I've owned an Acura TL, Toyota Camry Hybrid, Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, and more, but the CC has quickly become my favorite of them all. It has more and better tech than the Camry (and that's saying something), it's more fun to drive than the Acura TL, and it has a richer interior than the Jeep Overland. Truly, this is a vehicle that is more than the sum of its individual parts. It's quick, smooth, comfortable, and offers the technical amenities a geek like me prizes. My real world gas mileage on the hybrid was 38.5 MPG, and my CC is routinely hitting 33-36 MPG and does it with a LOT more vigor and style.

Hands-down, my favorite features are related to the technology. Bluetooth Audio is fantastic, but I never use it because by snapping my iPhone 4 into the iDevice cable, the navigation system has COMPLETE audio control over my iPhone, allowing me to choose artists, albums, podcasts, or playlists right from the navigation screen. When it's a Pandora Radio day, though, Bluetooth Audio works great and the sound is rich and clear. Also, the Bluetooth speaker phone works FANTASTICALLY without echo and is controlled by voice commands, steering controls, or through the Nav system. The CC offers truly excellent integration.

I have little to say in this department, though if I could have a few magic wishes, they would be: 1) change the turbo engine to a supercharged engine. The 2.0T engine is fabulous, quick, and responsive at speed without a doubt, but off the line, the turbo lag is notable. However, once the CC is up and running, power is instant and smoothly delivered. 2) I'd like to have a rear middle-seat option instead of the two buckets and the drink/storage console for the rare occasions when a fifth seat is necessary, but this is a minor detail. Last, I'd move the iPhone cable from the glove box to the center console like it is on the Eos, because reaching across is a bit inconvenient.