2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Getting 100% of what I paid for.
By bahr on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I balked at the cost at first, but put the extra dollars down to make sure I could get a decent vehicle. I scanned the lot until I found one that had the V6 and said "Parts: 100% Japan. Labor: 100% Japan. US/Canadian: 0%." That makes all the difference, really. This truck has performed above and beyond expectations since the day I drove it off the lot. The TCO is good, the financing is acceptable, and depreciation isn't too vicious. If you want a truck, you can hardly do better.

Great Little Truck
By kevinjack on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I selected the Toyota Tacoma after comparison with Ford Ranger and Mazda 4000. Toyota was slightly more expensive but beat the competition in every other category. Great little truck with a reputation for running forever without breakdown. Requires a 1000 very gentle break in period which is unusual and a pain but that may be how it stays together for so long.

Tacoma, Extended Cab.
By Ricko on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Toyota for years, but this is better than I thought it would be. The 4 cylinder engine is more than enough to get around with, with or without a cargo. I have seen reviews saying it is under powered, if you want a sports car, buy one! I love this little truck, looks good, drives good, all that a new car should be. Great vehicle, really nice.

cars
By Tanner Williams on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

It was very nice

Best Small Pick-Up on the Market
By jreid on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove Ford's, Mazda's Nissan's, & Dodge. I kept coming back to the Toyota. Best value for the money. Most dependable and reliable small pick on the market. You get what you pay for.

This Truck is Great
By NUCADET on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Anyone that wants a reliable truck that you can do almost anything with this is the truck to get. I have had it for 3 months and drove it from New England down to GA loved every bit of it.

Surprising vehicle!
By Trish on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've always been a Honda driver. But after getting into this compact truck and driving it around, I was totally surprised! It's smooth, doesn't have a bulky "truck" feeling to it and it's so easy to manuever in and out of traffic. The seats are a little stiff but I really like the tilt steering wheel option. I've only accrued 200 miles on it so far, but I can't wait to test it on longer, highway trips! Working with the dealership was another surprising experience! Great guys!

great truck
By onenut on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has a very smooth and stable ride for a 4x4 truck. The 3.4L V6 has plenty of power and has a quick throttle response. The 5 speed shifts smooth and tight. Overall I am very impressed with the quality and drivability of this truck, the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Overall best truck I've had!!!!!
By Eddy on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.7 Liter could use some more power but the TRD supercharger, it feels like an 8 cyl. I also have a V-6 crew cab which it is really strong, powerful, and fast. Hoping to supercharge it soon!!!!!!

Great Truck!
By Jynxie on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because I thought it was a great looking "buff little truck" and it has certainly lived up to the name! Would definitely recommend it to anybody!