Used 2002 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Fantastic!
By Shane Keenan

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck was my first car i had a 2002 Tacoma TRD off-road limited and it ran with 258,000 miles on it until i rolled it into a ditch, and even after the accident the cab stayed intact, i landed upside down and all that affected the cab was the center of the windshield and the sunroof bent in a few inches. Would not own any other truck!

It's half mountain goat
By jill

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my little truck, it's civilized enough for every day driving, but when we go into the sticks - we go off road for hundreds of miles. It can rock crawl, stump jump, plow through 1ft of snow, is surefooted in freezing rain. One year it was so icy I couldn't walk without falling - but I could drive! Totally reliable tough little truck. I've gone through brakes though. Move the clock so I can see it, gets poor mileage - but it's fast - so it's a trade off. I can haul plenty too - LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!

Its offroad capability, and agility. A breeze in a cramped parking lot. Great visibility.

I've gone through brakes though. Move the clock so I can see it, gets poor mileage - but it's fast - so it's a trade off. Has had a rattle in the dash for years, remote is hinky.

Gotta Love'em
By bill m.

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great truck (and my 3rd Toyota truck), dependable and ready for just about anything. 4WD works great! Extremely low maintenance.

Low maint. Fun to drive

Better seats, the comfort of the sports bucket seats is not as good as those in my 1987 Toyota SR5 Xtra cab. Gas mileage, only averaging 17 mpg, 1mpg less than our family Suburban

Nothing fancy just works
By Robbty

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing fancy just works. I have owned this truck for 6+ years and have nothing but great experiences with it. The thing just starts and runs every day without exception.

4WD works well. It will climb anything.

The cruise control is far from fantastic. It does not seem to know when to shift on hills.

Love it.
By Ryan

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

4 doors are great and I don't find the size of the bed to be an issue. Reliable, handles well, especially in snow. Not the most comfortable ride on bumpy dirt roads, but fine on the highway. I highly recommend it.