Used 2002 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

It's half mountain goat
By jill

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my little truck, it's civilized enough for every day driving, but when we go into the sticks - we go off road for hundreds of miles. It can rock crawl, stump jump, plow through 1ft of snow, is surefooted in freezing rain. One year it was so icy I couldn't walk without falling - but I could drive! Totally reliable tough little truck. I've gone through brakes though. Move the clock so I can see it, gets poor mileage - but it's fast - so it's a trade off. I can haul plenty too - LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!

Its offroad capability, and agility. A breeze in a cramped parking lot. Great visibility.

I've gone through brakes though. Move the clock so I can see it, gets poor mileage - but it's fast - so it's a trade off. Has had a rattle in the dash for years, remote is hinky.

Gotta Love'em
By bill m.

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great truck (and my 3rd Toyota truck), dependable and ready for just about anything. 4WD works great! Extremely low maintenance.

Low maint. Fun to drive

Better seats, the comfort of the sports bucket seats is not as good as those in my 1987 Toyota SR5 Xtra cab. Gas mileage, only averaging 17 mpg, 1mpg less than our family Suburban

Nothing fancy just works
By Robbty

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing fancy just works. I have owned this truck for 6+ years and have nothing but great experiences with it. The thing just starts and runs every day without exception.

4WD works well. It will climb anything.

The cruise control is far from fantastic. It does not seem to know when to shift on hills.

Love it.
By Ryan

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

4 doors are great and I don't find the size of the bed to be an issue. Reliable, handles well, especially in snow. Not the most comfortable ride on bumpy dirt roads, but fine on the highway. I highly recommend it.

I'm hooked.
By T.J. Turrisi

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Tacoma for two years and have done nothing but rotate the tires and change the oil. I've almost gotten it stuck twice once on the edge of a swamp and once in three feet of snow but the posi-track rear end and rear differential lock saved the day in both instances. I will be getting the truck inspected tomorrow morning, and my only complaint, if you want to call it that, is a squeaky belt at nearly 70,000 miles. I will most likely be purchasing Toyota trucks for the rest of my life, unless someone comes out with something better and that could take a while, and I doubt I will be buying very many. Be it a Tundra, Tacoma or Land Cruiser, I will be getting the best for my money.

Seat belt retraction, turning radius (a V8 Tacoma would be pretty insane too).