Used 2008 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Great Van light on features
By Bob

2008 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased the 2008 Sienna Limited. I traded in my 2001 Honda Odyssey after 2 transmissions! So I wanted to try Toyota and I love it. It is like riding in a luxury car, smooth ride, quiet engine, leather, wood trim, 360 watt stereo and plenty of room. It's new, but I'm only averaging 16 MPG on the highway, so hopefully it will break in and get better. One complaint that I have is when you pay over $33k for a limited you expect a DVD and navigation system, Honda gives you that for the same price as the Toyota! However I drove the new Honda and it was sluggish, and would never trust that brand again. I guess a good engine is better then a good DVD and navigation system!

Luxurious interior, smooth powerful engine, lots of cool gadgets, smooth ride, lots of space, great stereo.

Gas mileage is a problem, when you get the limited you should get the DVD and navigation system for free!

2nd Sienna
By mark

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second XLE and it just keeps getting better! The larger engine and higher HP does make a difference. Even the fuel consumption is better. Rides like a high end large full size car. Handling is very much unlike a mini van. The leather seats in the Honda were plusher looking, but in general the Sienna is a great family car. My daughter has an '06 that she totally loves. Toyota, you did it again. 4 stars.

Engine, more power. Power doors, nicer interior than LE. Ride and mpg.

Plusher looking leather seats and perhaps a little better material on the side panels.

Best auto
By lynda

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving a Toyota Sienna is like owning a Lexus. The seats are made for real people. The pick up is ok I wish it had a little more power. I do hwy and rural driving. I would buy another one.

I like the radio and cd systems they have very good sound.

The only thing I would request is a choice of engine sizes. A little more power at the start.

A great value for such a luxurious ride
By Khoa

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 08 LE 8-passenger for 1.5 months now. I'm almost done with the first 1K mile break-in (currently ~ 900 miles) and so far the experience is great. The van drives like a luxurious car, so roomy and comfortable that my toddler keeps asking to get on the van. We got our LE with option 1. We have driven over the mountain (from SJ to Santa Cruz, CA) a few times and the van has enough power to climb up with ease. On the highway, we were surprised that it's so smooth and quiet. Combining hwy and city driving, we have averaged ~ 22 mpg over 900-mile.

Trip computer, power, value, luxurious ride

Refresh the exterior from year to year. All models from 04-09 have almost the same exact look.

Excellent
By nathan

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have compared all three major vans like odyssey, quest and sienna. No doubt Sienna tops among all three. With 8 passenger is really worth and the same thing in odyssey even kids can't sit it that middle seat (that much small). It's just a week I started driving this but still few negative points like you can't make the 2nd row as bench seat by removing the middle seat and no power option for opening trunk in LE models. If Toyota comes up with more option for LEs then no other minivan can come closer to this including odyssey.

Smooth ride, lots of space (wide), power sliding doors, etc

Backup sensor with camera option for LEs, easily removable 2nd row seats.