Used 2007 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Eats transmissions
By Tambo

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this new off the lot in 2007. At 5 years, 102,000, the transmissions was in shambles. Had it rebuilt and within a year, it was in shambles again. Now here we are again 3 years later and yep, transmission problems AGAIN! I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOYOTA! I guess Toyota has decided short term gain is what it's all about. Their quality reputation is going down awfully fast.

Just a few problems
By UnhpyOwner

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I've enjoyed my minivan. However...(1) both sliding doors rattle. Took it in several times, they greased it and it was ok for a short time and then back to the rattle. No one can find the problem; (2)driver's side sliding door sometimes gets stuck (can't close it from inside) & (3) same door sometimes won't open from the inside either; Now, (4) the calipers are shot. I don't brake quickly either! This van is 2 years old & falling apart on me!

automatic sliding door; driver's seat fully adjustable; rear seats fold into floor

Front control for rear ac/htr needs improvement; get the rattles out - I'm not the only one having this problem.

Simply the Best
By vam

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 Pacifica which I thought I loved, but my wife's Sienna is simply extraordinary. I am very surprised at some of the negative comments I am reading on Edmunds. This van drives extremely smooth, better than a car, the power is astonishing and we get 26MPG. I truly feel it's the best car we owned. We had Hondas, Ford, and my Pacifica. Don't take our word - go drive it. Mechanically impeccable.

everything, power, comfort, feel, gas mileage

Maybe a hybrid version - or simply getting it to 35 or 40 MPG- that would be amazing.

Impressed
By Chris68

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van to replace a 2002 Sienna. All had been improved between the two models. Interior is a lot roomier and more practical with the third-row seats folding into the floor. Power, handling and braking gave us confidence, along with the safety rating. This last point was a life-saver when the van got rammed on the driver's side by another van going about 70 kmh. While the other van (an earlier Sienna model similar to our old one) was totaled, the 2007 Sienna looked like it could have left the accident on its own. No injuries to the occupants! Had she used almost any other vehicle, my wife would not be alive today. Will keep using Toyota vans.

Incredibly strong safety cage, comfort, power, practicality.

better trim fitting

Love It!!
By momof3

2007 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van! I do a lot of driving - almost 700 miles a week simply routine, not including other out of town trips. This mini van is one the the best and reliable vehicles I have had (the other being a Toyota as well, a Tercel back in the 90s). It's comfortable, rides smooth and looks great too. The only annoyance has been the tire sensor light when the weather gets cold outside & the sliding doors don't latch open when windows are down. But small potatoes compared to other vehicles I have had. I have had this van for 16 months and have 40,000 miles already. No problems from this vehicle, nothing negative in my eyes about it. I love it and would definitely buy another without pause!

Power! The ease of putting down or pulling up the rear seats for extra cargo space. The safety rating and reliability. Automatic turning off of lights to preserve battery if left on, or door left open (which the kids do at times). Automatic door lock once taken out of "Park", window locks.

None! (Well, except make it a hybrid so we can get a bit better gas mileage!)