Used 2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

I love my Sequoia.
By Chris

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed owning my Sequoia. I have had it for six years. The only problem I have ever had with it is the rear window not going down. I really don't use it much so to me it is no big deal. It is not great on gas, yet I like everything else about it. It handles like no other vehicle. It hugs the road if you really drive it and respect it like it is big and heavy nothing compares to it.

I love the drivers seat it is comfortable and well placed in the car. The mirrors are well placed so you can see well around you. It is very important to me to see out well through the rear view mirror.

Help me figure out how to turn my Sequoia into a hybrid!!!

Great Family Car
By Robin

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2003 Sequoia Limited with around 74,000 miles. I am the sole owner and have used this to haul children, dogs, trailers and boats up in the mtns. It was been a fantastic car for our family and I think the best "Large" SUV out there in terms of capacity. Even with the 3rd seat, you still have plenty of storage as opposed to many others (Expedition, Land Cruiser, Explorer, etc). The exterior styling still looks fresh after 5 years (I prefer it over the new ones) and I always feel very safe in my Sequoia. The only downside is the side storage compartment (needs a better closing mechanism) & of course fuel economy but unfortunately that is standard with large & small SUVs. :(

Great visibility (no blind spots), styling, solid feel--great all around.

Side storage compartment in the rear of vehicle needs a more substantial closing mechanism. Was first thing to "wear out" and I have read this same criticism from others.

Great Toy
By surpasd

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This the 4th Toyota truck I have owned, great SUV! Comfortable to drive, especially on those long trips, more comfortable than the ML 350 or the X5 or other over-priced SUVs. Can load up everything I need in this one. As always a very reliable vehicle.

The interior, super comfortable. All the gauges and controls are visible and within reach.

As with any large SUV, better gas mileage would be nice.

Great vehicle even after 3 years
By Lori

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Sequoia has been a wonderful vehicle since date of purchase. I have had no problems with performance or reliability. The car fits 6 adults comfortably - even in the 3rd row seat! Plenty of cargo space with the movable 3rd row - the leather seats with heat in the driver and passenger seats are a nice touch.

Heated seats, radio controls on the steering wheel, spacious center console storage, power sunroof.

A mute button for the radio would be a nice touch.

Great Vehicle
By J Pruitt

2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned the Sequioa for 2 1/2 years. NOT ONE PROBLEM. Just routine maintenance (rotate tires and oil change). No rattles, no squeaks, no loose fitting trim. The quality is A+. I will only buy Toyotas if they are this good. Gas mileage stinks---15/mpg-- --BUT I KNEW THAT WHEN I BOUGHT IT. This is a great vehicle for showing real estate to clients, transporting softbal teams, soccer teams, cub scouts etc. I also feel safe when driving on the daily life/death roulette of Houston's freeway system.

Quality.

Make the gauges (odometer, speedometer, etc.) with a white backround---they're hard to see when wearing sunglasses.