2002 Toyota Sequoia 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Oh what a feeling

2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Review

SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Oh what a feeling
By fourxfour on

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I love the ride, the room and the looks and the performance. I checked out the comp. and the Yukon Denali costs more and its interior is too cheap and plastic looking. The Ford's ride was very unappealing. I have found the wind noise from the front window molding to be irritating, I'm told they are working on a fix. The thermometer is not accurate when it gets colder than -22. The dealer doesn't tell you that they have a governor that kicks in at 100mph. We have had ours for about a year now and these are my gripes for now. This may sound negative but its not we love the truck just some bugs need to be addressed.

Favorite Features

Great power, Very smooth and stable ride, does great in snow and ice. I live in Alaska. Room for eight and you don't have to drive a mini-van.

Suggested Improvements

Remove the governor or at least manufacture an aftermarket fix. A shut off for trac control in 2 wheel drive. Make the thermometer accurate at all temps.