2002 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
lap of luxury >40K
By SalesMac on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I could have done with less truck. I could have bought a smaller truck. Who needs leather, who needs AWD, who needs the smoothest ride, and who needs all the room? I could have done with less, but once I drove my Sequoia I knew... I had to have it.

great overall vehicle
By pml on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

excellent overall sport utility with car type ride and luxury type felling

Problems Problems Problems
By European Car Lover on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my limited Sequioa in December of 2001 and since then i have put just over 17,000 miles on the car and have had the brakes fixed for the same problem 3 times! I used to own a 1998 Lincoln Navigator and drove it the same way I drive my Sequoia and never had any problems with it. In my opinion the Sequioa looks like a 4Runner on steroids! Also the front passanger seat doesn't raise up and down! For what I paid for it, I was expecting a lot more!

new sequioa
By tracy lee on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I just got my Sequioa and love it. I was comparing it to the Expedition, but there is no comparison. It drives like a car and rides like a dream on bumpy roads. I can't wait to see how well my Sequioa lives up to the Toyota name in the years to come.

Recommended
By gkatz1 on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Finally a high quality, full-size SUV. It is great to have another choice!

Mama loves this SUV
By Cuz44 on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Looked at the RX300 and MDX but they were either too small or rode too roughly. The Sequoia does neither. Both intown and highway driving are a pleasure and my wife loves the height, visibility and secure feeling she gets. Toyota quality helps, as well. So far, so good; we both are enjoying this vehicle.

Great Truck
By toyo33 on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had the SUV for almost a year now and I love almost everything about it. The only thing that bothers me is the loud noise when you have the rear windows rolled down. Also more power would be great. Before I bought it I was also looking at the Chevy Tahoe because I have a GM card and get points towards a vehicle but I decided to go with the Sequoia because it is more reliable and its a Toyota. I here people complain that you cant drive over 100 miles per hour, well you shouldnt be driving that fast with such a big vehicle in the first place. Theres never going to be a car that is perfect but this one is close enough.

Best Experience
By Ramon on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The fuel economy was a surprise to me. I was expecting it to consume a lot of gas but surprisingly it doesn't. Drives very smooth and has good acceleration for a big SUV.

Awesome!
By AHS on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is one big SUV! Toyota makes a great product. When deciding between the Ford Expidition, Yukon, and the Suburban there was no comparison. The build quality, resell value, and overall comfort won out.

Take the Whole Family for a Ride
By LuvMySUV on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Previous owner of a '95 Isuzu Rodeo from '95 to '98, back to a car, back to a real SUV. My Toyota Sequoia seats all of my shopping buddies and accomodates the family on trips to the South with comfort. It's ride is oh so smoooooth! Mileage isn't great, but I knew that prior to purchase. Purchased 12/2001, drove from Chicago to Atlanta New Years' weekend. No drama, no backaches or body aches.