One year with the Sequoia
By krisko on
2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)
If you are considering a full sized SUV, the Sequoia must be a serious contender. It features gobs of room, numerous safety features, plenty of luxo goodies yet is relatively fun and easy to drive for such a big vehicle. While a tad pricey compared to the competition, I think in the long run it will be cheaper when repairs and depreciation are considered. I paid $38,700 for mine with everything but sunroof and 4wd. I could have bought the same Expedition or Durango for almost $10,000 less but I know I'd have problems down the road. Bottom line? Peace of mind is worth money to me.
Favorite Features
Simply put, my favorite feature is SIZE. This truck gobbles up people, stuff, animals, whatever. Obviously the build quality and superior design are big features as well. I also like how it drives, truck like to be sure but still pretty manueverable.
Suggested Improvements
My biggest gripe is the color choices, I settled on some funky grey that I still don't like. Interior feels a tad cheap, and at $40,000 I think memory seats should be included and sound quality is barely acceptable at this price point. Styling is okay but not memorable.