What I Was Looking For
By Canadian on
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I live in Alberta so the roads are black ice for 8 months of the year and it handles awesome. You have to force it to slide out in 4 wheel drive. I can drive through 2 feet of snow and not even get close to stuck. I've driven big trucks before so believe me when I say there are no blind spots, just learn to use your mirrors and you can see the whole road, your 6 feet off the ground. Good power, I would like a v8 in it but the v6 doesn't fall far behind. Haven't had trouble fitting 5 guys and hockey bags in the back driving for over an hour. Light enough not to get stuck in mud all the time unlike older Toyota's. If you can drive, you will love this SUV, beats a pick up any day.
Favorite Features
Upgraded suspension makes gravel roads feel like free ways. Satisfying sound from the exhaust. AUX port is awesome for long road trips if you have any type of mp3 or portable dvd. Tows my seadoo's and quads like there not there. Rides so smooth. Atrack isn't necessary but helps a lot when stuck.
Suggested Improvements
Proper tires for the truck make a big difference. Middle back seat is uncomfortable. You pay for the extra power at the pump. I'm a student so gas gets pricey when your counting pennies. Outside temperature gauge and compass are useless so I removed them. Hate seeing -30 every morning at 6.