2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Highly Recommend Buying The FJ40

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Highly Recommend Buying The FJ40 Cruiser
By Kimo from Hawaii on

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new Landcruiser in the '70s. That vehicle was a brute. It was built like a tank, heavy and real solid thick metal. It could crawl and go where only goats could roam. I was very happy with it. So I thought of buying the new version. Whoa, is this a refined 4X4 compared to the '70s model. It is so cool in looks and in performance. After purchasing it, I found out that there was a tire recall. I just brought it to the local dealer and they will replace them (5) for free. I am surprised that the previous two owners did not know about this recall. I also owned 4X4 Jeeps. They are okay for kids and adult kids who like the "old school" looks, ride, engineering, and performance. Switch.

Favorite Features

The FJ is comfortable, roomy for passengers and / or cargo. I bought this for daily use and for camping with the grand kids. We all love it. Its power is enough for all types of driving. It is a pleasure to drive. It's like driving a sedan that can go anywhere. Try it, you will like it.

Suggested Improvements

Only one: No tool space for junk like flares, small tool kit, tow ropes. Toyota's thought of everything. And, there are so much aftermarket stuff to buy to enhance its looks and performance. I like mine just as it is: roof rack, tow hitch, grill guard, running board, gas cap lock,and locking lug nut.