Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

My Big Mistake
By FjLoser

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a Big disappointment. In wind over 25 MPH it is all over the road like a hound dog's breakfast, too many blind spots due to oversized pillars, paint is chipping off faster than you can touch it up. At 3000 mile rear diff replaced. Weather stripping on windows deformed roof leaking form roof rack mounts and the list goes on and on. And the dealer I go to would not do anything about the problems other than the diff. This was the first Toyota I have ever bought and the LAST!

Favorite Features

the VSC

Clam shell doors, Bah!
By SlyK9

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

FJ Rox! Having owned a couple of international scouts, an fj40, various jeeps and a 4runner, I believe the FJ comes as close to perfect as we can get without a custom design. I purchased my 2007 FJ in Dec of 2006. I have taken the family across country and off road. This vehicle is comfortable and affordable. One minor complaint is the clam shell doors. I have spent many awkward moments attempting to get the kids from the back seat. First opening the front stepping out opening the back closing the front then letting the kids out squeezing by and the opening the front, closing the back then closing the front. Tight parking is tuff with these doors. Worth it? Oh yes. Thumbs up!

Favorite Features

Comfort. Overall everything.

Suggested Improvements

Rag top. Sunroof. Convertible, please.

Love my FJ
By charles s

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My FJ has been a great vehicle to own. I have added some extras to make it even nicer and more fun to drive. Have BBS rims, nerf bars, Clarion DVD nav stereo, bull bar with skid plate and the ever popular back up camera. It accelerates nicely for a vehicle this style. Very easy to accelerate to 100 quickly. Runs great in the snow. The cons would have to be gas mileage, unstable in windy conditions (gusty over 30 mph winds). I feel it is very roomy inside as I am 6'5 230. My kids are 10 and 7 and have no problems getting in or out the back doors. Maybe a bit more room in the back would be nice. Have used only synthetic oil since purchase and have added a K&N filter. A solid 9 out of 10.

Favorite Features

Cab size, acceleration, easy to clean interior.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, bigger cargo area in rear.

Luv my FJ
By TROY BOND

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've put over 86,000 miles on my FJ in 2.5 years and not had any problems. It has gone 4 wheeling in various terrain and performed well. Couldn't be happier

Favorite Features

Comfort, ride swinging back door for easy loading.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot in rear if merging at angles.

My FJ
By John

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first Toyota was a 72 FJ40 after 200,000 miles it was time for a 4runner in 96 and then the new FJ Cruiser in 07, what a great machine. Moab, no problem, city driving awesome. I did change out the lame stereo for a Pioneer nav unit MTX amps, speakers and a much needed back-up camera. I hope to get 200,000 miles with the FJ. I had to replace the windshield after taking a big rock, $1100, boy are they proud of it.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

It needed a better map light, the stock interior light is too dim, so I installed a LED cluster on the rear view mirror mount and that solved the problem.