Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

I'll Keep It
By cdysma

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do love the FJ. I drive a jeep 80 miles a day (mail) then drive my FJ the rest of time. The FJ is better in every way except the jeep warms up much faster. My 16 year old likes driving it better too. I haven't had one problem. I grew up going to Bajas and with dune buggies so it's pretty special.

Rides and handles awesome. Sits up higher. Safety, insurance went down when it took the place of mini van even though it was 2 years newer. No carpet. I was worried about getting something with carpet again.

Sun roof would be a big plus. Seats in back would be better if reclined some for long hauls. The airplane windows could be bigger. Gas mileage even though it's the same as van was.

My Big Mistake
By FjLoser

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a Big disappointment. In wind over 25 MPH it is all over the road like a hound dog's breakfast, too many blind spots due to oversized pillars, paint is chipping off faster than you can touch it up. At 3000 mile rear diff replaced. Weather stripping on windows deformed roof leaking form roof rack mounts and the list goes on and on. And the dealer I go to would not do anything about the problems other than the diff. This was the first Toyota I have ever bought and the LAST!

the VSC

Clam shell doors, Bah!
By SlyK9

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

FJ Rox! Having owned a couple of international scouts, an fj40, various jeeps and a 4runner, I believe the FJ comes as close to perfect as we can get without a custom design. I purchased my 2007 FJ in Dec of 2006. I have taken the family across country and off road. This vehicle is comfortable and affordable. One minor complaint is the clam shell doors. I have spent many awkward moments attempting to get the kids from the back seat. First opening the front stepping out opening the back closing the front then letting the kids out squeezing by and the opening the front, closing the back then closing the front. Tight parking is tuff with these doors. Worth it? Oh yes. Thumbs up!

Comfort. Overall everything.

Rag top. Sunroof. Convertible, please.

Love my FJ
By charles s

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My FJ has been a great vehicle to own. I have added some extras to make it even nicer and more fun to drive. Have BBS rims, nerf bars, Clarion DVD nav stereo, bull bar with skid plate and the ever popular back up camera. It accelerates nicely for a vehicle this style. Very easy to accelerate to 100 quickly. Runs great in the snow. The cons would have to be gas mileage, unstable in windy conditions (gusty over 30 mph winds). I feel it is very roomy inside as I am 6'5 230. My kids are 10 and 7 and have no problems getting in or out the back doors. Maybe a bit more room in the back would be nice. Have used only synthetic oil since purchase and have added a K&N filter. A solid 9 out of 10.

Cab size, acceleration, easy to clean interior.

Gas mileage, bigger cargo area in rear.

Luv my FJ
By TROY BOND

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've put over 86,000 miles on my FJ in 2.5 years and not had any problems. It has gone 4 wheeling in various terrain and performed well. Couldn't be happier

Comfort, ride swinging back door for easy loading.

Blind spot in rear if merging at angles.