2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
A Fun and Fantastic Ride!
By Psykew on 11/19/09 22:19 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for both fun and family. All in all it has worked out perfectly. I thought it might be a little difficult getting an infant seat out of the back doors but I can do it even without adjusting the front seats. It gets up and goes with the slightest pressure on the gas pedal which makes it great if you have to zoom past someone to exit the freeway. Interior is really wide and you have a ton of headroom. Suspension rides like a dream. I take this crawling every other weekend and it takes every bump with ease.

So Far, So Good
By Drew on 08/23/09 08:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The wife and I bought one of the original '07 FJs back in March, and we love it. So far it's running perfectly. Up to 40,000 miles, and still not one problem (knock on wood), just as I expect from Toyota. Great truck. Incredibly fun to drive. Handles remarkably well for an SUV.

Works as Designed
By Todd's FJ on 08/21/09 23:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just sold my 2007 FJ. The interior is very well designed. Everything was ergonomically correct and easy to grasp (with the big knobs). As many owners on here, I bought the FJ because it was different. I grew tired of the vehicle after a while. Very basic interior and slightly rough ride. Not the FJ's fault. It is not supposed to be a luxury car! In three years of ownership, not one day in the shop. Great build quality. Bad gas mileage...like driving a brick down the road.

Why not?
By Andrew on 08/08/09 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I admit it, I bought the FJ Cruiser not because of the offroad capability , but because I thought it was cool. After owning it for more than a year and 24,000 miles, it has proven to be an incredible vehicle that will do just about everything and go anywhere. It's not a race car and you can't fly around corners, but it's a solid vehicle that doesn't rattle, shake or shimmy like my past 6 GM SUVS have done starting at 30,000 miles. It has a blind spot, get ready to look around it. That's my only complaint. It gets 22 on the highway which is respectable for a 4x4 SUV. If you are looking for a solid SUV that won't break down all of the time and won't depreciate then look no further.

Loving our FJ
By BayAreaFJ on 07/07/09 11:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife chose the FJ and loved driving it with our two young kids. It is easy to take them in and out of the back seat with the side-opening doors. We have the airbag package and it feels like they are in a vault. It has a hard, bumpy ride - as it should be, because this is no grocery- getter. This vehicle is absolutely no-nonsense and reliable, at 30,000 mi. with no issues, and none anticipated. Recently hauled three other guys for a mountain-climbing trip and the four of us were comfortable. One owns a new Jeep and lamented all the problems he is having already. We love this vehicle with no reservations and expect our kids to drive it when they turn 16 in about ten years.

Natural road test in P.R.
By pedro on 06/14/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In Puerto Rico actually this is one of the best vehicles on the road. The floods and the roads here are a test for any vehicle in the market.

Why drive boring cars?
By Joe in CT on 04/18/09 05:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 20+ cars, SUV's, trucks. This has to be one of my 2 favorites (together with my 911 cabriolet). As another reviewer said - you can buy fancier, much more expensive SUV's. But you can't buy one that's more fun to own, that people ask you about, that is this reliable, that can go anywhere. I bought one of the first ones in CT - Voodoo Blue - and have not had a single issue. My wife, 3 kids, dog & I all still love it just as much as new. Sure - it has a few compromises like rear visibility. Show me any great car with real personality that doesn't. And this is very practical (easy to clean, acceptable MPG, great in bad weather...) and fun to own! Now that's value!

A blast to drive! But has its quirks.
By Murph on 04/14/09 18:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I went to a Used Car Dealership that sold mainly Dodges. I saw this cool looking truck and learned it was called the FJ Cruiser. I test drove it and fell in love with it immediately for it's looks and above average handling for an SUV ! However, the clutch "chirps" when at idle but stops when the clutch is depressed. I had the dealership replace the clutch disc, pressure plate and throwout bearing. All was well until 2 months and 1400 miles later and the same problem arose again. I learned through Toyota forums that this is an issue with manual tranny FJ's but they still operate normally as they should. Despite this somewhat major annoyance, I love my FJ and don't regret buying it!

Old Faithful
By jdsiv on 03/31/09 21:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My need for a good solid truck rules out many of the vehicles made today. I spend as much time as I can at a remote family cabin and exploring the outdoors and often am very far from any type of assistance. My vehicle needs to get me in and out, and this one always comes through. I put Goodyear MTR's on it and they are top notch. I have had this vehicle in rain, mud, sand, and lots of snow. It plows through everything without trouble. There may be more luxurious 4x4's out there, but I see lots of those stuck in snow banks while the Cruiser keeps on trucking. If you go off road at all, the front skid plate is not an option. While comfortable on the road, it can be tricky to drive at times.

Great vehicle...Love it
By Nick on 03/23/09 10:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, so far I am impressed with my purchase. I purchased the FJ about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is running great. The fuel economy isn't the best, but it isn't the worst. I've been getting about 20.5 on the highway and 18 in the city. Which to me isn't too bad, in my 99 S10 truck I received 20/16. I don't have the 4WD, didn't need it. I like the FJ because of its look and comfort. Yes, it is hard to get in the back, but I'm not driving other people around all of the time. So far, great experience and I love the FJ!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.