Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Fj-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

No worries , get better roof rack.
By manuel munoz

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I made a deposit prior to the fj being delivered into the US. One of the first on the west coast.No regrets.Front seat is a bit uncomfortable.Pillow fixed that.I only changed the intake,and exhaust, shocks,TRD all.The best tires for this rig are General at 2. Rotate every 3000, as with the oil.70,000 plus miles on tires. Work great in 2 foot snow and steep rock and gravel roads.Keep it at 65 mph and received 20 mpg,freeway. Will keep this forever.Not true about "all over the road,in wind".Not one problem.Do not use after market ultra bright headlight bulbs,will fry the sockets.lift kit not needed.Goes everywhere,anywhere,stock.Install blind spot mirror's A must. No regrets

Favorite Features

Storage compartments. Off Road preformance. dependability. Safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Roof rack. Blind spot mirrors. Front headlight lens protection. Front seat comfort.

I LOVE MY FJ
By mike0525

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my FJ in 2011 and have not regretted it one bit. I don't have the top of the line model but, I do have the locking axles as well as an after market exhaust/intake and shocks and they just add to the level of enjoyment of this vehicle. Yes it has its draw backs but as long as you accept them you'll love the FJ. It's quiet, boxy, retro and FUN.! It handles quite well in snow and ice and my gas mileage has been consistently 15/18 using premium fuel. It's a 4x4 and is meant to be an off road vehicle so anyone who buys one xpecting it to be anything else will be disappointed but, if you want a solid, reliable, sturdy 4X4 you will be happy with this one.

Favorite Features

The clam shell rear doors as well as the huge back door ( with a nifty locking bar) make loading and unloading so easy. I enjoy the 5 speed automatic and shift on the fly 4X4 with the locking rear end. When you close the doors it sounds "solid" not "tinny" as so many other SUVs do. It's just a fun car/truck all the way around.

Suggested Improvements

Incorporate a back up camera into the dash and it'd be the best off road vehicle that I've ever owned. I plan on keeping this on a very long time.

What do you expect, its a Toyota!!
By jaystone22

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Fj one year ago with 60000 miles, trading in my 4 runner. Have no regrets about it. I have close to 80000 miles on it now and have had no problems at all. Absolutely love this vehicle. If you are thinking about getting one, do not hesitate. You will regeret not owning this fine piece of work.

Favorite Features

Roomy Cabin Off Road Capabilities 3 in lift Roof Rack (awesome)

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

Short comings
By ozzyj

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 FJ 4x4 with all the bells-and whistles; although I have had no mechanical difficulties, I have to say that it is not without its problems. Its paint chips if the wind blows, itís all over the road with wind over 25 mph, has dangerous blind spots, too wide for most off road situations, weak tie rods, front windows break easily due to shape/angel e, frames on some are weak and buckle, some have weak rear differential, terrible transmission, poorly designed for water usage for a 4x4, (short rods in motor so if you make a mistake in the water you will have to replace the motor), poor gas mileage, engine wines over 40 mph, even with change of tires itís squarely on slick surfaces (

Favorite Features

4x4 and out side looks

Suggested Improvements

blind spots, transmission, side sun-visors, scuba on front, rear differential and trans and brake system.

Fun Car but Horrible Gas Mileage
By carlosarturo1

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning this Cool SUV for 3 years I finally traded it in yesterday. Love the look and how fun it is to drive. We put mud tires and all the whistles and it turned all heads around. However, the gas milage is Horrible! I got about 14 to top 17 in the freeway. Not mechanical problems at all in 3 years.

look