Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Road noise and head restraints block view
By notsosmartski

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I think the road noise from the tires humming along is too loud. I think you can hear the traffic just as loud whether the windows are down or up. I am still getting used to the head restraints that appear in the way of my view when I try to turn around to see what is behind me when backing out. Per the monitor I get 31 MPG's! The car has enough pickup and go for my wife and I. We paid under $16K out the door. back up.

It's exterior. I expect to get the reliability of the other Toyota's we owned and I hope this speaks volumes to the reader.

Get rid of the plastic sun visors and send emails telling customers where to buy replacements. While at it tell customers where to buy aftermarket headliners made of some other materials than the one used in the LE's echo chamber.

Corolla S 2009
By 747mech

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my S in Aug. 2008 and put 25,250 trouble free miles never went back to the dealer except for the recalls which I felt was nothing wrong with the car except for those who want to complain about Toyota I have owned Toyota's since 1973 haven't had a bad one yet. I just three weeks ago traded my S for a 2010 XRS because I wanted a few more options and got one of the last ones in my area same color black I also love this car I am now retired and milage is not I problem so those who love Hondas and Mazdas go buyone and have your troubles with them.

Decent power on the S model comfort on the seats I am 6'1" no problem good gas mileage when I was comuting with it was so good that my other car pool buddies each bought a S Corolla. and they love them.

On the 2009 I didn't like were the clock was they changed in 2010 but it should be in the middle top of the dash and they should have had 5 seed auto optoin for the lower grades.

Reliable car...costs too much
By ajayuppot

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

this a 2010 Corolla S Automatic canadian edition, drove 16000+kms for 5 months now. my last car was a 1998 corolla VE, drove it for more than 6 years and 200000+kms. Not much changes to the basic car, drives without much problem. i drive around 150kms a day on weekdays and averages 7.2liters/100kms. Good traction on snow and ice when combined with michelin X ice tires. Observations- Paint chipped off with few months, On cold mornings the accessories belt/pulley whines while starting. Both these according to Toyota Service advisor are usual and they can do nothing about it! Gear change from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 had a slight delay, the dealership corrected it during 2nd service

Traction control and VSC system is very helpful. Fog lamps, telescopic steering with audio controls are all good. Black interiors.. Good improvement on the lighting system. The Auto light feature is very good. Fog lamps also helps a lot.. ABS system does work. Electric steering and Electric throttle works good. Corolla is the car that had taken me to work and back in all kinds of weather for the past 7 years

As many have mentioned the clock is at the wrong place, coin holder is missing, wipers looks like designed for Right Hand Driven cars!. There a windshield area in front of driver that the wiper fails to wipe. paint need improvement. workmanship need improvement, there was rattling noise from inside the car, two visits to dealership failed to find out the cause, finally i figured out the sound is coming from driver side sun visor. Toyota replaced the visor after few follow ups, the technician did not install it properly, had to go back to dealership 4th time to get this corrected...trunk release through key fob failed to actuate.Had to report twice with dealer to get this corrected...

The seats are full of lint
By dineen

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had a honda civic since 2006 and I figured I would try something new. In Sept I purchased a Corolla LE.. The car seems ok but the material for the seats is horrible. It is a gray material and it picks up lint. I mean it is really bad. The car is two months old and the seats are filled with tiny pieces of lint. I called Toyota and they said that is the first that they have heard of it. I am very frustrated. I can't remove it with a lint roller. I have to pick each piece individually. WOW!!! all those things I heard about Toyota are true.... bummer!!!!

I will not buy again
By UnhappyCustomer

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Nobody in my family works in the auto industry. No relative works in the auto industry either. This is my second Toyota car. I bought it in late October 2010 for about $16,665. This was bay far the biggest mistake I have ever made in buying cars. It turned out that part of one airbag was not installed properly. It seems that steering wheel will be out of control if the speed is high (say about 70 mph). There are some rattling sounds when the engine is turned on. You can not hear the rattling sound when the car is moving because the road noise is even worse. I would definitely NOT recommend this car to any friends.

None.

Don't know where to start.