Used 2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Decent car!
By rahdirsv

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car as a used car a month back and it had 45k miles on it; I have already put in 5000 miles on it (mostly highway) and I get an avg of 36 mpg. Got about 40-42 mpg on a recent long trip. No problems to date; engine quite noisy compared to other imported cars I have owned but great pickup and no problems passing/driving etc. I face a similar problem that a couple of other reviewers have written about: I can't get a comfortable steering wheel hold when the leg length (seat position) is adjusted right. And if I get a good steering hold for my arm length, my legs are too close to the pedals. Probably just needs a telescopic steering column.

Gas mileage.

There should be an option to turn off the daytime running lights completely; it's a total of waste of energy on bright sunny days. A rear windshield wiper would be useful, just like it would be on most cars. Some of the interior plastics (center console etc) seem to be of poor quality.

Toyota builds the best economical car!!
By Suzie

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had anything go wrong with this car or my 1989 Corolla except with a flat tire.The seats are comfortable and its has a nice smooth ride and bumps in the road are nothing. It handles turns and its braking is exceptional.

I love the fact in this model there is no ashtray and the cup holders are centrally located. I love the trunk space and that the gas mileage is supurb.

The added feature of the bluetooth would be great or maybe a hybrid model. Also the ability to plug in your MP3/iPod player to play through your speakers would be a great option. Some navigation options, maybe.

2004 corolla s
By jason

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Experience has been better than I expected. Overall performance has been awesome. With my oil changes every 3000 miles and rotation of tires, manufacturer's maintenance, I have only had 1 new belt and new water pump since I bought the car. Great car as far as gas economy. 30-40 mpg. Definitely will buy again when im thru with this one. Hopefully not until 10+ yrs or more.

Favorite features are the extras that I bought with car. Moonroof, spoiler, upgraded the rear view mirror.

If anything, I would suggest improving the S model Corrola's plastic ground effects. They come loose very quickly. Not installed very well. With everything put together with plastic, I understand why. I probably wont buy the S next time but maybe the CE. Everything else is great

Disapppointed
By disappointed

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Camry that I loved. It averaged 30 mpg. It was a 1993 so time for a new car. I decided to go down to a Corolla since I didn't need such a large car. But I am so disappointed. I am averaging 17 miles a gallon city driving. I took it back to the dealership and they claim that is the average for this car. Of course when I bought it the sticker said 29 mpg for city driving. I would never have purchased it if it said 17 mpg. I did buy it used. It was 3 years old with low mileage. Also was certified. But have already had dead battery twice, which they did replace.

I like the looks of the car. It has good pick up.

The headrests cause blind spots. The exterior should be stronger as I have several dings from others opening their doors into mine.

Very Dependable Car
By Corolla LE

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Corolla, and sixth Toyota vehicle. My wife loves to drive it, and she feels very secure, and safe. Gas mileage is about 29-31 MPG in the city, and it improves on the open highway. I ordered my Corolla with anti-lock brakes, side airbags, and every other safety feature that was available at the time. I find it is a quiet, and easy to drive car, and I would never hesitate to buy another. The seats are comfortable, and the driving position for my wife is good, since she is short; albeit, for myself, I find the steering wheel close to the dash, and far to reach when I push the seat back for my driving position.

Economy, build quality, fit and finish, and roomy trunk.

Side and curtain airbags, and anti-lock brakes should be standard equipment. Definitely add a telescopic steering wheel. I would also like a rear view TV as an option, so I could see lower and closer to the car when backing up.