disappointed
By sholescurtis on
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Since this is my first Subaru, I feel I may not have a good understanding of what to expect. I am quite disappointed by the car after only having it about six weeks. I am barely getting 20 mpg, far less than advertised, and one of the major reasons I purchased this car. I do find the engine extremely loud and bothersome but again, this may be characteristic of a Subaru? I feel it definitely lacks power but I was willing to sacrifice that for decent mpg, which is why I am frustrated beyond belief. I would seriously reconsider purchasing another and yet I realize that anyone I know that's owned a Subaru, loves them.
Favorite Features
great body styling, lots of features for the price
Suggested Improvements
consisitent mpg, option of bigger engine or turbo, more aggressive tires
By seattlexv
on 06/17/13 15:59 PM (PDT)

I am getting really poor mileage as well and it continues to go down every time I fill it up. I started with 28mpg and now am averaging about 23mpg with 8000 miles on the car. Who else is having issues? Tks.

By zanykhaki13
on 04/13/13 23:47 PM (PDT)

I am with you. getting 20mpg. not happy.. this is not truthful advertising. I am ready to file a suit against Subaru. I feel like I got a lemon if it stays at 20mpg.. not anywhere near the 25/33 28mpg average advertised. I called my sales person today and he said the car was still breaking in and it wouldn't display proper mileage etc until it was broken in. explained that I am getting around 20mpg. I filled the tank with 15 gallons last time and got 304 miles out of it.. I am ready to take action.