Used 2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

This is Definitely the Low End Product
By historybuff13

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.5i Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Before I begin I just want to say I have owned 2 Foresters and they are both great cars. I bought this Imprezza used from a dealer in 2014 with under 36000 miles. I thought it was a great deal because of the milage. I have owned it for less than 3 months and I am now scheduled for my 3rd service appointment to fix the turn signal. I have read that Subaru cut corners on this model to save money and actually made the wire harness too short so that it pulls loose. I really like my dealership and in general I like Subarus, but I cannot recommend this model. I will actually be purchasing a new car this year, but I am no longer considering the Crosstrek, as it is just another Imprezza.

Good in snow. Fun to drive.

I am so disappointed that Subaru has decided to go for "cheap" instead of quality on this model. I suggest they not compromise on quality just because it is not their top of the line. Recall to replace wiring harness with a longer version.

2010 impreza Outback sport
By aherrmann17

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car burns oil. The scheduled maintenance for my region is every 7500 miles for an oil change. The outback sport however decided to develop rod knocking due to lack of oil in the engine. CA state law does not allow a car to burn 4.5 quarts of synthetic oil in 7500 miles. Highly dissatisfied with this car. I would not recommend it to anyone.

LED tail lights. Rims look better than standard 2.5i. AWD

Oil burning issue. Too much body roll. Engine seriously lacks in performance. And the MPG sucks. 26 freeway for a N/A 2.5L 170hp economy car? This car is at the low end of its class compared to others similar vehicles.

Do I really need a car this fast?
By WesK

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What other vehicle can rip the roads and have as much space as a mini-van inside? At 10% throttle, you have a car that almost behaves like a well mannered commuter vehicle in traffic. Step on the gas, and you will probably be breaking any speeding law in less than one second.

Seats a family of 4 and can get them to their destination in a hurry. Raw power, confident handling, rock solid brakes, great needle gauge dash.

It needs an eco/sport mode feature like on the hybrids to adjust the throttle response. 6speed MT with a longer 1st gear for driving in 5mph traffic, and a 6th gear for cruising at legal highway speeds. The scoop is way overdone, and just say "no" to smooth plastic interior trim pieces.

Not as good as 2006?
By Leszek

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a replacement of my 2005 Impreza Sport (manual). Some things are better, some are worse. Better instrumentation overall (but where are some gauges that used to be there – “idiot lights” are for idiots). I like the engine, it seems to be a bit more responsive, but the rest of the “sport” designation is not as good: greater roll (not as firm suspension? Higher center of gravity?), the seats are too comfortable: for “wide” people. The bucket seats are sized to fit much bigger person and don’t embrace as tightly. When combining that with increased roll in turns, the feeling of “tight control” is not there. Gearbox, while smooth could use different ratios and one more gear.

AWD -- it never failed me in the worst possible conditions when going rock climbing or skiing -- off road, snow, ice, mud. it always worked when many 4x4 SUVs where sliding next to me.

Tighter suspension, better gear ratios/additional gear in automatic, better protection against door dents from other cars at parking lots.

Watch out for neck pain!
By GDG

2010 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Outback Sport 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased anew 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback and was really excited - first new car in over a decade. I had a Subaru in the 90's and loved it. My new car looks great but the driver's seat and headrest are horrible, the headrest extends forward too far causing neck strain, pain and nausea for me if I drive more than 30 minutes at a stretch. Can't find a solution to this, may need to return this car.

look, how it handles in the snow

Redesign the headrests