Used 2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Great car!
By lissical

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just recently purchased the 2012 Nissan Sentra SR Special Edition and I love it! It is so quiet and the gas mileage is incredible. Plus, for a small car it is actually pretty roomy. I was very impressed with the price, especially since this package comes with bluetooth phone, GPS navigation, moonroof and XM radio (only for 3 months...then you can either subscribe or cancel). I must admit that I had to get used to the CVT since my previous cars did not have that. But all in all, this is a great car!

Favorite Features

The smooth ride, how quiet the car is and the GPS system.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think of is that weird thump when you hit 30mph. I know that it's the ABS warming up, but it still feels odd.

Bad Stereo
By smoeller

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love my new Nissan Sentra special edition. I bought this over the Altima because of the navigation.. Bad mistake, the stereo sucks and NEVER get reception. I can't depend on the FM to receive any service if I am 10 minutes out of the City. I am now looking at replacing it and it is going to cost me 1500.00 to get a stereo with navigation. Wish I would have bought the Chrysler 200 with streaming video and a great sound system.

Favorite Features

Love the size and especially love the gas mileage.. First Nissan I've ever owned and really do love everything about it except the sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Please put better stereos in the car.. I will buy Nissan again if they improve the stereo and an arm rest for the driver.

People Need Retraining
By badrobot

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I only heard one or two reviewers mention this car was a good value. The cars CVT takes some getting used to because it accelerates in a linear manner but overall this is a very well built car. I have owned Scion and Honda's and this car's power is just as good as a Honda and much better than a Scion. I have also owned a Kia and have had friends who own Hyundai. They are good cars until you get into a collision in them. Then they will sit in the auto body shop for at least a month while you wait for replacement parts to come from Korea. I bought a SR Special Edition Model for under 16.5K. There are none of the competitors than can match the options and accessories for this Price!

Favorite Features

The Navigation system. Bluetooth. Ipod connectivity. Moonroof. Xm Navtraffic. Alloy Wheels

Suggested Improvements

Stereo speakers need to be better. I had the 6x9's on the rear deck and on the doors replaced with Sony 6x9s from wmart for 54 per pair and they sound light years better than the low quality speakers in the car. The car needs a sport mode button to keep the engine rpm at a higher level for sport style driving. Nissan and all car makers should offer HID headlights and foglights as an option. Anyone can buy these for 35 per pair so it should not be too hard for them to offer these as options. We are in the 21st Century. Replace the remaining interior/exterior lamps with LEDs.

Sentra Suprise
By 350zmarty

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased a 2012 Nissan Sentra, and ..... I was pleasently surprised on how solid this car really is. It is super quiet, very peppy, and saves me at the pump. I purchased the Sr model with the value package. So I was able to get a sporty car, with sunroof, navigation, nice looking wheels, for only 17,900. I just put 250 miles on only 1/2 a tank, my 2006 Mustang Gt, would have been on less than a 1/8th of a tank at this point.

Favorite Features

Awesome bluetooth, every time I am talking on my Bluetooth, nobody knows, they think I am talking on my phone as normal. I also love the smart-key. I just sit in the car, and no key required. I can unlock the car as I walk up by just pushing on the little switch on the outside of the handle. Of course you need your key fob in your pocket, but very convienant.

Suggested Improvements

None so far

Edmund's Review is WAYYYY off the Mark! AMAZING CAR!
By nissancvt

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I got a Sentra SR Special Edition (GPS, Bluetooth, Sunroof). The review that Edmunds gave this car was completely wrong. First of all, this car drives COMPLETELY Quiet and Serene. It's quiet and the Nissan CVT Transmission (Best transmission on the planet, hands down) was smooth and made no "groaning" noise at all and was serene. The reviews are correct that it does make a "clunk" sound at 30 MPH, but this only happens once when it's warming up because it's and ABS system check. Honestly this is the nicest car I've even driven, the interior is well designed and comfortable, it's very roomy in the front and back, and the MPG is great, 29 MPG overall. Way nicer than Honda and Toyota.

Favorite Features

The Nissan CVT Transmission without a doubt. Sheer quality and smoothness. Nothing like it in any other car. It doesn't shift, it glides. The design of the car is sporty! Love it!

Suggested Improvements

None...at all.