2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
I wasn't planning on liking this car
By paulncincy on 03/25/12 09:54 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car and I didn't start on good terms and that was my fault. I previously owned a 2009 Nissan Altima. That car was financed through Nissan's financing arm. I didn't miss a payment on that car which is how I found myself owning my 2012 Nissan Sentra Special Edition. Nissan finance has a deal where they will guarantee you financing if you never missed a payment with them previously. I got a 6 year loan at 5.74% and my FICO score sucked. My Super Black Special Edition Sentra has been flawless and CHEAP to own so far. Ins./Gas/Payments are LOW. Special Edition pkg. is worth $. I'm tall of torso and I can fit easily in this car. Engine is strong enough and smooth. Easy to get into.

Awesome value and performance
By gtvapsamtik on 03/23/12 19:58 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Ive had my Special EDITION for about 6 months so far put 10,000 miles on it. MPG has been 31 for city and around 34 for HWY. All my friends and family love this sport Sedan. So far its quiter on the road then my wife's CIVIC SI and our Corolla. I paid around $18,500 for this and it came with all the bells and wistles like NAV, Sunroof, Premium Audio, Camera. This like is just like a CASH in the hand at all times. Whenever you want to sell it, without a doubt you will get a good resale value for this. But i plan to keep mine till the end. AWESOME car and fun to drive.

good value
By juniorshariff on 01/21/12 11:34 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

good auto for commuting. roomy inside , good exterior curves on sr model. only ,it should have more h.p

This car is underrated!
By roadman03 on 01/12/12 17:19 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Before you search all the other popular models - test drive and price the Nissan Sentra. Can't believe the amount of features for the price I paid. Also proven reliabilty vs. the Focus or Cruze. Great featurs such as I-pod connection, Alloy Wheels, Steering Wheel Radio Controls, etc. Drive mostly highway with some rush hour traffic and I am averaging almost 36 MPG. Some complain about the CVT, but it is better than the low end torque of the others. Overall great car for the price if your looking for a base commuter car with excellent reliabilty and a smooth ride.

Fun, Smooth and Stylish!
By joannahb on 01/03/12 09:43 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased the Sentra SR model and I am very happy with it so far. I initially was interested in a Versa hatchback, but after test driving both, I feel that you get more for your money out of the Sentra. It's very roomy inside, quiet and smooth. It can turn on a dime and has very responsive handling. The CVT transmission is a little odd at first since it doesn't make the typical "vroom vroom" noise when you accelerate. It quickly got used to it and I found that it actually makes the whole driving experience quieter and less jerky. All in all it was a pleasure to drive. It feels like it's made with quality, moreso than the Elantra, Scion xD, Focus, and Corolla I test drove that day.

Bought another one
By subdal on 01/02/12 14:13 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2007, the beginning of this model's current design. I was hit by a red light runner and the car was a total loss. I bought the car for $18,500.00 and after four years of ownership I received a check for $13,000.00. That means this great car was mine for only $114.59 a month. I could not believe it! It held its value so well.

Great Car!!
By pike1701 on 11/14/11 03:32 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

If your thinking about buying the Civic, or Corolla take notice of the Sentra... Instead... Why? 14.5 Gallon Fuel tank... 27-34 MPG... That means you will get at least 350 miles or 400 deepending on how you drive and where you drive. I have put 500 Miles plus on the car since getting it in mid October. And it has given me my money's worth back in Gas... I had an old Dodge Neon 2000 ES and all it did was eat gas on a 9 Gallon tank... I only got 90 miles... Yes that car lasted me a full 11 years... But it had to go the Transmission was going.

Better than expected
By bugmanpat on 10/18/11 19:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The little Sentra is probably overlooked by most people interested in a small car, and that is too bad. It has more interior room than most of its competitors, you sit a little higher off the pavement, and the driving dynamics are good. Add to that some outstanding gas mileage when driven gently - way better than the EPA estimates so far for me. And all of that for a price that is easily as good or better than its competitors. And due to good resale values, you can get really great lease payments - much smarter than buying a 1 or 2 year old used car.

No need for a key
By sentra2012 on 08/29/11 22:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I was hoping for better fuel economy but I live in a very hilly and mountain area of the northwest and I am getting 24 to 29 mpg. The 29 mpg was achieved with more expressway driving, less hill driving, limited air condition use and a thought of how to maximize fuel economy at all times (smooth breaking, cruise control, smooth acceleration). Other than that the car is perfect for people that are fat, commuters, couples, green philosophy and an affordable car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Sentra Sedan in VA is:

$165 per month*