So Long Subie
By Brunson on
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
My wife was in the market for a newer vehicle and we were in the reluctant position of trading in our beloved 02 WRX Wagon. We needed a solid commuter car with better gas mileage without compromising too much on performance. Our search led us to the 07 Spec V and we are very happy with the decision. This car is by no means a saturday track day type of ride but I still find a smile every time it rips up to 7k on the tach. The ride is smooth, maybe stiff for some, but much quieter highway crusing than the WRX. Interior is finished nicely and comfortable for my 6'4" 240 frame. For the price and features, can't beat it for a fun/zippy commuter car.
Favorite Features
Great list of standard features, Rockford Fosgate stereo, trunk mounted shock tower braces, gunmetal 17" alloys at the corners, computerized trip calculator which tracks average MPG etc, 6 speed tranny for highway cruising, power roof, should I keep going?
Suggested Improvements
Somewhat clunky gear box makes you feel detached from the overall driving experience which is expected out of a sport "inspired" vehicle, silly "G" gauge should be replaced with something useful like tranny temp/coolant level etc. Larger 18" wheels to fill out those wheel wells a bit more.