2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
This Car Rocks !!!!!!!
By Kev45 on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Nissan Sentra, the first was a 99 SE Limited. My first test drive was great !! But this all ends there. My first test drive of the 2004 Spec V left me with the feeling of a rocket on wheels. Also mine is a wild color (Volcanic Orange) and gets head turns everywhere I go. So much power and so fun to drive, I wait only to get into the drivers seat again. The stereo is awsome (300 watt rockford fosgate with subwoofer). I can see why edmunds rates it as 1 of the top 10 car stereos in a car under $30,000.00

Some quirks...
By Pat D. on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Fabulous engine. I never have to shift out of 6th even on NY17 or hilly Taconic to Albany. Great gas mileage considering the motor size. I get 32- 33mpg on the highway all the time. Only like 24-25 in city tho.Base radio sucks unless you unhook the really cheap 6.5" sub on the rear deck, which introduces more distortion than bass. Trust me, its able to play louder and clearer without it hooked up. Shifter is really notchy, and clutch is very long throw. Ride is also very harsh, and already i'm hearing rattles throughout the cabin. Seats are great and supportive.

A dream to Mod
By He2 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car in on Jan 16, 2004 and traded in a 2002 SE-R Automatic. I took all my mods off the 02 and had them put on the 04 at delivery. (Stillen Cat back exhaust, Nismo CAI, Nismo Header, Nismo Cams) The mods are endless on the web. The car is now a few steps ahead of the SI or such. You really do not need to mod the car if you want to go fast but it sure is fun to do.

Sentra Buyers go for the SE-R Spec V
By T. A. F. on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased my molton silver Nissan SE-R Spec V on Friday 01/23/04. I love this car !!! For those of you looking for a car in this price range, you owe it to yourself to atleast test drive this car. The more I drive it, the more I like it. Puts a grin on my face every time. Fun to drive.

Don't miss out on this experience!!!
By Grahamcracker on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My fiance' purchaced this car and has become a true driving enthusiast solely based on her experience with this car. I drive it and must admit that it is hard to stay under the speed limit. The styling inside and outside are eye-catching (the exterior is really only appreciated when the car is in motion.) As a college student, this car will stick in both our memories as a wonderful car, reminiscent of the muscle cars our parents drove.

Exciting for less
By William on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I think that this car is an excellent deal if you goal is to find a fun ride for an economical price. It is not a particularly comfortable car and very few people could sit in the backseat. But if you are looking for driving pleasure for cheap this is it. I paid 15,800 after rebate and negotiations.

Nissan Customer Service Dissatisfaction
By ShaneFitch on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have never had such poor service from a company and have never had such a poorly manufactured car. I have had to car in the shop 5 times since I leased it in August 2003. I am very displeased with Nissans quality of manufacturing and customer service. When I needed their help they turned their backs on me. I will never purchase another Nissan as long as I live. I will recommend to everyone to steer clear of Nissan. Nissan is not the company it once was. If you need any help whatsoever with your vehicle after you signed the papers, you’re going to be in for a big surprise.

A value leader
By Little John on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is a car that can run with an RSX at Civic dx prices. Build quality is very good. Styling is understated (read not all riced out) compared to it's class. The power/weight ratio, suspension upgrades, and good seats make driving something to look foreward to. Steering is precise with good feedback, brakes are more fade resistant than most and easy to modulate at the limit. I appreciate the limited slip diff., especially with all that torque. From a performance standpoint it is among the better sport compacts, but it lacks the refined and intuitive driving feel of some Mazda and Honda products, but then it costs a lot less.

Did some one say fun?
By DEEHROX310 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Spec V about three weeks ago and I have no regrets. Well maybe just one, shifting the gears feels really crunchy. Other than a little getting used to shifting, this car is one bad MOFO. The interior is roomier than any civic, Integra, or lancer that ive been in and the ride is smooth, even for the SPEC V suspension. If you do your home work you will see that that this bad boy offer more bang for your buck when comparing to the VW GTI, the Civic Si, the Neon SRT4 and the Focus SVT. Tests drive them all and make your own decision, but for the budget conscious sport car enthusiast the Spec V is definitely the way to go.

Compare apples to apples
By Mr. Outacontrol on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

What most of the econosport reviews say about the spec-v is generally on target (among the fastest but not as refined)...BUT...what they gloss over is that they are comparing the spec-v to cars costing thousands more.(Mine cost $14,500). Yes, it's a bit crude compared to a Mazdaspeed or Si, but compared cars with the same price such as a mid level corolla, mx3,or civic, the level of performance and FUN is outrageously better.