2003 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Practical and fun.

2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

Practical and fun.
By Dave on

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a used 2003 Spec V in April 2005. The car has 60,000km on it. I researched many cars and tried to decide which one was best for my situation. As a recent grad with a new condo, the Spec V was the best bang for the buck. Low profile tires make noise on bumpy roads. Handling is very good, low body roll. 4 doors make it practical. I looked at the 1.7 Acura EL and was turned off when I had 4 passengers, the car bottomed out whereas the Spec V does not with 4 passengers. Gas mileage not as good as anticipated but it could be the way I drive. Stereo sounds good. The brakes are good. Torque-steer not an issue unless you're driving too hard. I would reccommend this car to anyone.

Powerful engine, solid braking, stiff suspension, stereo, 17 inch wheels, the 6th gear, styling as opposed to the 2004 and 2005 models, interior design. Variable valve timing.

The reverse gear gate. Going from 4th to 5th can sometimes push you towards revers. Thin paint on moldings but paint is fine everywhere else. Some starting issues. Better gas mileage but could be my own fault.