2002 Nissan Sentra 2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best of the Inexpensive Small

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

SE-R Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best of the Inexpensive Small Cars
By Randy King on

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the top of the line Honda Civic, the 2003 Corrolla S, and the Ford Focus and this car hands down blew the competition away! It is very fast, and a total blast to drive. The sun roof is quieter than most at 70 mph. If you like acceleration, you will like this car. I presently have 7,900 miles on it and only one factory defect upon delivery. (The auto trunk release did not work). Nissan needs to advertise this model more. If they did, I believe they could corner the small car market. I never would have considered a Nissan for this size car if it wasn't for a friend of mine that advised me to check them out.

Favorite Features

The front of the SE-R has a very aggressive look. Nissan did a nice job on the 16" six spoke mag wheels. The leather steering wheel does not hide the guages. The jack for the car is very easy to use. I like the Timing Chain instead of a Timing Belt.

Suggested Improvements

Change the rear tail lights. The Subwoofer is too small and is easy to overpower. The door arm rests are too low. The center console arm rest needs to be raised. This car must use "HIGH TEST" that fact is buried in the Owners Manual. This car should have leather seats as an option.