Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Great, Economical Buy
By joowy

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Sentra has many benefits over other cars of its class including Civics, Corollas,& Focus.For the same if not more features the price is much lower. I also haven't had to do any major maintenance.It is also much better powered and performs better than the Ford Passing on highways is extremely easy for a car of its size & you can barely hear the engine while acceleating.Shifting is very smooth as is the ride for a car of its size Only two complaints.One,front driving seats are a bit uncomfortable & gas mileage is not as good as Corolla or Civic.Only 28 in the city & 32 on highway.

Bose, 6-speaker stereo system=excellent Outside look=sporty without looking overly so. Also doesn't have the cheap plastic look of an 80s bumper. Excellent trunk space for a small sedan.

Gas Mileage Front seats (Be nice but necessary to have a 6-disk CD changer option)

Nice Car
By mdsentra

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the Sentra, Corolla, Protege, and Civic. All were good cars. I got a really good deal on the Sentra and that's why I chose it. Now after 15,000 miles I've had no problems.

Overall everything is good.

Needs a little better and less noisy acceleration.

Best Front Drive Perf. Car For The Money
By B. Ryde

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car will absolutely smoke cars so many cars that are so much more money. I'm sure all driving enthusiasts will get a kick out of the "Helical" limited slip front. I don't think another front driver(stock)can hook up it's tires any better. It's really quick off the line. While the other guys engine is reving up you're blowin by. Front end also works better than any other I've driven in the corners so it's fun on the back roads too. So many kids (and Bemers) will want to race you in this car! -It's a lot of fun to own.

Limited slip front, Great tires and wheels, Eccellent acceleration for the price, Doesn't need anything

All Wheel Drive

the Sentra seR Spec V
By BryCe1

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

its the best car ever ...nothing could over do it..

everything on the car is so unbelievable.

nothing has to be improved!!!!!!!

Man I love this car!
By gurumichaelOG

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for a year now and still grin while driving it. I drive like a bat out of hell and the worst mileage I get is 22 mpg -- which is terrific for a performance car and the way I drive. I traded my 2002 Impreza WRX for this and have ZERO regrets. That thing was falling apart from day 1. Nissan makes great cars, loaded with low end torque (which is where the power is) and I thoroughly enjoy owning this car. Plus, it smokes most cars that test me. The power is even throughout the power band. I have the silver with the red/black interior and it is awesome.

Great power for price, aggressive styling, kick-butt interior, 6 speed manual transmission, good sound system if you're not entertaining a neighborhood. An all around fantastically fun performance economy sedan.

Smooth out shifter and maybe offer a turbo or supercharged model.