2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Third Pathfinder in a Row

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Third Pathfinder in a Row
By P. Matthew on

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd. Had an '01 (my favorite), an '05 and just picked up an '08. Was initally looking for something bigger & w/side airbags standard, but for price, value & fun-to-drive I was back to the Pathfinder. Found an SE w/ side airbags which came loaded minus the leather seats. I've had others including Cherokee and Volvo XC90 - Pathfinder has the best performance(very fast!), character, and lots of storage. Many of the materials on the '08 seem better than '05, the cabin's quieter and the wheels/tires are larger, so it's a slightly different ride. Doesn't seem to corner quite as well, but the '01 handled the best. The thick steering wheel feels just right, and the truck is easy to drive.

Favorite Features

Wide opening doors, gobs of storage, & the long list if standard options. The new screen/center stack is far better than the last one and mostly intuitive. I like the soft ride that doesn't compromise too much handling. Feels like this truck will go anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Quicker steering and flatter cornering. It feels like it should be sportier thanit is. But it is a truck. It could be bigger - 4-5 inches longer and 2-3 inches wider would be perfect.